CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

5.1 experiences ??

Print topic Send  topic

kirchaj

Posted: 11/14/2013, 5:59 AM

I am currently still running a 5.0 version and until recently did not have any problems. Just yesterday some of the bugs others have described started popping up, but I have been very concerned about upgrading.

What are you upgrade experiences? Gotchas? Advice?

TK
View profile  Send private message
rbroder

Posted: 11/22/2013, 9:16 AM

My experience has not been good. After having the program hang, and constantly redraw it's windows, or have the project explorer repeat the list of files 2 and 3 times in the explorer window, I ended up doing a complete uninstall, clean out the registry keys and reload the software, reactivating it with the serial number.

That seems to clear up the IDE issues. Now I find that some of my pages are giving an error with IE8 that a script is still running on the page and asking whether to kill the script or not. I traced some of this down to my customized styles not being recognized anymore, even though the source files on on the server. Also, it looks like ckeditor.js is taking forever to load.

All in all, I wish I hadn't updated.
rbroder

Posted: 11/23/2013, 12:13 PM

More bad experiences. Using the web inspector and timer inspector in Safari, it looks like the jquery.ui.js file is generating errors and therefore delaying the page load long enough for IE to visibly complain.

I'm lost trying to figure this out. I think it has something to do with an autocomplete field I'm using in a search panel on the page, or the older style date picker, which does not update to newer version. I'm going to delete and recreate those fields.

All in all this is just bad feature conversion by CCS.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login