CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

FTP Uploads not working under Windows 8.1

Print topic Send  topic

thamesway

Posted: 11/09/2013, 10:07 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the upload function with CCS 5.1 & Windows 8.1

I have just bought a new PC that came with Windows 8, I installed the latest CCS 5.1.1.18990 and the publishing all worked fine.

I then upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1 and now the upload stops before each file with a message saying "500 Unknown command" I click retry and it goes up then the same thing happens for the next file etc etc. When it needs to change directory it then says "550 Can't change directory to (path). No such file or directory" The ok button then stops the whole upload - Aaarrrgghhh!

Anyone else having this problem? (I have just sent a support ticket to see if Yes Software know anything)
View profile  Send private message
jekes

Posted: 11/12/2013, 3:38 AM

Hi,

I working on Windows 8.1 with CCS 5.1.1.18990 and it's working fine for me.
Try another ftp client (filezilla or winscp), maybe your firewall configuration (pc or router) is not correct, try to change the rules ...
EuroPWM

Posted: 11/12/2013, 5:18 AM

I have the same problem on both CCS 5.1.1 and 4.3 - support have marked my ricket as "investigating" and indicate "it's a problem on our end and developers are working on it. We'll contact you when they come up with a solution."
rho

Posted: 11/15/2013, 3:19 AM

Same issue here, but on a Windows 7 machine.
Lucius

Posted: 11/17/2013, 8:25 AM

I have also some issues with that, on CCS 5.0, Windows 7.

Funny thing it just started recently...

When uploading to FTP I get error for each file:

---------------------------
CodeCharge Studio
---------------------------
/project/file.txt

226 Transfer complete.

200 Type set to I

I am able to resume for each file, so it is really annoying right now, but not a showstopper.

david-lamoureux

Posted: 11/18/2013, 11:40 AM

Same issue here, but on a Windows 7. With CodeCharge Studio 4 and CodeCharge Studio 5.

Work fine for my coworker.
david-lamoureux

Posted: 11/18/2013, 12:57 PM

Quote david-lamoureux:
Same issue here, but on a Windows 7. With CodeCharge Studio 4 and CodeCharge Studio 5.

Work fine for my coworker.

FOUND THE SOLUTION

Remove IE 11, and now no more problem.
thamesway

Posted: 11/19/2013, 3:03 AM

Thanks David
I tried disabling IE 11 but still have the problem.
Not heard anything back re my support ticket from Yes, they must be overloaded!
Steve

PS. For those having the same problem with CCS 4, it would seem to be the same program file in CCS 4 that is used in CCS 5. My PC is new and only has CCS 5 installed but my Norton software (under program rules) is showing a CCS 4 file for the ftp program. (FtpUpload.exe)
solesz

Posted: 11/23/2013, 4:05 PM

I can confirm the SOLUTION
- disabling IE11 is not working
- removing IE11 is WORKING
(to remove IE11 you have to go the windows updates section of the Control Panel, Programs and services, then select windows updates. In the search field you can write explorer to easily find the latest updates for IE - namely IE11 updates. Then click on it, then remove. After restart FTP upload from CCS4 and CCS5 works smoothly)

cheers, solesz
thamesway

Posted: 11/24/2013, 7:33 AM

Thanks Solesz
I think your solution will work for those that have IE 11 as an update to Windows 7 or earlier.
My PC is WIndows 8.1 and hasn't had any IE 11 updates yet.
According to the Microsoft site, IE 11 cannot be uninstalled...
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11

Also, disabling IE causes scripting errors when you try to use the links from the CCS start up screen to go to a support ticket or the forum etc
cheers, Steve
Lucius

Posted: 11/25/2013, 1:27 PM

This was also the cause of my issues, after uninstalling IE11 FTP transfer started to work normally. Thanks for the tip.
rho

Posted: 11/26/2013, 6:03 AM

Uninstalling IE11 worked for me (Win7-64) too!

I used the following steps:
1. Go to Control Panel | Programs and Features
2. Click 'View installed updates'
3. Scroll to the 'Microsoft Windows' section
4. Click 'Windows Internet Explorer 11' and uninstall.
5. Reboot when prompted

This effectively will re-install IE10, but the FTP-upload problem will cease to exist.
thamesway

Posted: 11/27/2013, 11:48 AM

This is all very well if you have IE11 installed as an update to Windows 7

But IE 11 is un-installable from Windows EIGHT and CCS 5.1 is supposed to support window EIGHT

This whole thread is about the problem I have with Windows 8 not 7.

I am glad this had helped those with Win 7 but I still have the problem and Yes Software seem to be totally ignoring any tickets - are they still there I wonder!

Now I find the program stops working when trying to select an "order by" field in the SQL grid !!
AND it doesn't seem to like renaming fields in form designer!!

My god, how many more bugs has this program got!!!!

I have used CCS for 7 years and it has never been so troublesome!

Just thought I'd vent some frustration! :-D
rho

Posted: 11/27/2013, 12:44 PM

Well, one thing seems sure: it is related to IE11 :-/

I have a support ticket with Yes regarding this is and their latest statement (yesterday) is that they are now aware of the issue and their developers are working on a solution. No ETA though.

Cheers, Rob.
thamesway

Posted: 11/27/2013, 1:54 PM

Hi Rob

Yes, absolutely, IE 11 has a lot to answer for!

Thanks for letting me know about your ticket - that's great news. Good to know someone is getting a response!

Cheers
Steve

Dreamcatchers
Posted: 11/28/2013, 9:21 PM

866-FOR-ITSM
---------------------------------------
Sent from YesSoftware forum
http://forums.codecharge.com/
Dreamcatchers

Posted: 11/28/2013, 9:21 PM

I have been using CCS5 on windows 8 no problem. Then 2 days ago I upgraded to 8.1.
Now FTP in CCS is not working. It timeouts on every file or I get an error 150 Opening data channel for file transfer.

I am glad to see Yes Software is working on this. Their software did not change, the windows 8 software changed. Now Yes Software is have to chase after Microsoft's crap.

I am thankful for the support and commit to wait as long as possible before implementing Mircorsoft updates.

Posted: 11/28/2013, 11:44 PM

I have ben reading a lot about windows 8.1 and multiple performance issues. Many dealing with FTP. Looks like Microsoft messed this up real bad. below is a response that details the issue.
---
The updated WinInet that comes with IE 11 has a major bug when an FTP Application uses FtpFileOpen()/InternetWriteFile() in PASV mode (producible at will with THAT combination, there may be others).
Reason: WinInet will get out of synch with server responses, always lagging ONE behind.

The result is that any subsequent commands that require a certain server response (such as a RNFR/RNTO combo for a FtpFileRename(), or a second file transfer waiting to parse the next data port from the PASV response) will either time out or fail with a completely non-sensical error condition.

I recommend you add yourself to the existing bug report to amp up the "urgency":

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/80827...ed-in-ie11#tabs

Posted: 01/13/2014, 4:07 PM

Has this issue been resolved? I can't upload any changes I've made via FTP. CCS 5.1 generates the pages locally just fine, but the FTP transfer is not working for me.

Best Regards,

Randy

acedrummond

Posted: 01/19/2014, 4:21 PM

I've reported this subject to YesSoftware about 6 weeks ago to resolve and they tell me it is problem 8.1 Explorer 11. I can't remove Explorer 11 on my install so work around is to publish on your local machine and then ftp client software i.e. core lite ftp software. That works just an extra step.

I've found other serious problems with 5.1.1 in that for me set focus and sometime page size on list fail after conversion, , but OK if new screen generate with 5.1.1. This also reported to Yes.
Workaround is to manually fix set focus code and page size adding /script to html that is missing.

Today I am trying to test 5.1.1 on a windows 7 machine and finding that hidden fields in the add record panel really hide and you can't reference them after you change to hidden field. Also tried t set visibility to NO then other issues when you try to move the fields on the add panel to elimiant extra lines. Other issues too.

So besides Win 8.1 issues, Explorer 11 the ccs5.1.1 is very flaky and I am waiting on a new release - date unknown, but my opinion 5.1.1 is really unusable at this time.

I am tired of wasting my time and have given up on 5.1. for now.

I reverted to 5.0 release on Win 7 and am able to work on my projects.

Using release 18696 on Win 7 and working well Explorer 10

Posted: 01/19/2014, 4:21 PM

I've reported this subject to YesSoftware about 6 weeks ago to resolve and they tell me it is problem 8.1 Explorer 11. I can't remove Explorer 11 on my install so work around is to publish on your local machine and then ftp client software i.e. core lite ftp software. That works just an extra step.

I've found other serious problems with 5.1.1 in that for me set focus and sometime page size on list fail after conversion, , but OK if new screen generate with 5.1.1. This also reported to Yes.
Workaround is to manually fix set focus code and page size adding /script to html that is missing.

Today I am trying to test 5.1.1 on a windows 7 machine and finding that hidden fields in the add record panel really hide and you can't reference them after you change to hidden field. Also tried t set visibility to NO then other issues when you try to move the fields on the add panel to elimiant extra lines. Other issues too.

So besides Win 8.1 issues, Explorer 11 the ccs5.1.1 is very flaky and I am waiting on a new release - date unknown, but my opinion 5.1.1 is really unusable at this time.

I am tired of wasting my time and have given up on 5.1. for now.

I reverted to 5.0 release on Win 7 and am able to work on my projects.

Using release 18696 on Win 7 and working well Explorer 10

Posted: 04/27/2014, 2:42 PM

Is FTP working on Windows 8.1 already? I want to upgrade my win 8, but this is holding me back.
thamesway

Posted: 04/28/2014, 4:00 AM

Hi glucz

Yes, it started working when MS updated IE 11 on Win 8.1 so no problems with uploading now but all the other problems still exist as described by acedrummond in the response above your one.

I do find the software just shuts itself off and I have to restart the PC to clear the RAM and then it works again for a while. Also the point about hidden fields being hidden in design view is very irritating.

Although I can work with this version it has become more time consuming. I hope a patch comes through soon! (if they are still around as they don't seem to communicate with anyone!)

Steve
glucz

Posted: 04/29/2014, 4:00 AM

Yes.. I know about the problems and limitations ... struggling with them myself too. I

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login