CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

How do I create a Database Interaction (Silent Data Update) and Tabbed View using PhP in the current version of Code Charge

Print topic Send  topic

mnwuzor

Posted: 11/03/2013, 4:04 PM

Hello,

Please how do I createa Database Interaction (Silent Data Update) and Tabbed View using PhP in the current version of Code Charge as seen here http://examples.codecharge.com/Ajax/DatabaseInteraction_desc.php?

Thanks
Mike
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 11/03/2013, 7:13 PM

Mike - use the related demo here as a guide:

http://examples.codecharge.com/Ajax/DatabaseInteraction.php

and the description you already referenced.

These examples are not in the Example projects so you can't get a working example on your computer, and need to work through the descriptions.

Eric

mnwuzor

Posted: 11/04/2013, 3:19 PM

Quote eratech:

These examples are not in the Example projects so you can't get a working example on your computer, and need to work through the descriptions.

Eric

Yes I tried it but couldnt get the following lines correct as seen below

4. To make the officer_name field "clickable", change the Label control to a Link control. Then switch to the Data tab of the Properties window and set the current page as the value of the new link's Href Source property. While editing the Href Source property also add a Link Parameter with the following values: Data Source Type = DataSource Column, Parameter Source = officer_id and Parameter name = officer_id.

5. In the bottom row of the Grid, create "Add New" Link and set its Href Source property to the current page, then add officer_id into the Remove Parameters property.

6. In the right cell of the HTML table, use the TabbedView and TabbedTab options in the "Forms" tab of the Toolbox to create Yahoo Tabbed View with two tabs.

Mike
mnwuzor

Posted: 11/04/2013, 3:20 PM

Quote eratech:

Eric

Yes I tried it but couldn't get the following lines correct as seen below

4. To make the officer_name field "clickable", change the Label control to a Link control. Then switch to the Data tab of the Properties window and set the current page as the value of the new link's Href Source property. While editing the Href Source property also add a Link Parameter with the following values: Data Source Type = DataSource Column, Parameter Source = officer_id and Parameter name = officer_id.

5. In the bottom row of the Grid, create "Add New" Link and set its Href Source property to the current page, then add officer_id into the Remove Parameters property.

6. In the right cell of the HTML table, use the TabbedView and TabbedTab options in the "Forms" tab of the Toolbox to create Yahoo Tabbed View with two tabs.

Mike
eratech

Posted: 11/05/2013, 6:42 PM

Mike - what parts of the the 4-5-6 steps are causing problems?

Is it some of the descriptions not explaining properly? (I can expand on them if you want)

E
mnwuzor

Posted: 11/06/2013, 2:42 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your response. The description is not clear at all.

1. The Tab view and tabbed tab are not working,

2. I cant find the Href Source property

3. The entire details on items 4. which states "To make the officer_name field "clickable", change the Label control to a Link control. Then switch to the Data tab of the Properties window and set the current page as the value of the new link's Href Source property. While editing the Href Source property also add a Link Parameter with the following values: Data Source Type = DataSource Column, Parameter Source = officer_id and Parameter name = officer_id." is not clear at all.

The properties on current version of code charge are different from the one used in the demo.

Please kindly assist.
Mike
eratech

Posted: 11/06/2013, 7:54 PM

Ok - some more details where I know them (I can't help with the Tabbed View as I haven't used it in years)

You first need to make the Label a Link:
Right-click on the officer_name label and choose 'Change To...' then "Link". In the officer_name proprties there will now be a 'Href Source' to allow you to set up the link details (the example wants the current page, so in the pop-up use the 'Static Link' button browse and find the current page and select it).

Then on the 'Parameters' tab of the popup, add a parameter 'officer_id' per the example.

For the 'Add New', you are adding a link that will point to the current page (by default, no need to select the page) and there is a Property beneath it called 'Remove Parameters' - type in 'officer_id' (without quotes).

When it is clicked, it will reload the page and remove any officer_id parameters from the querystring which usually indicates to a form that an 'Insert new record' will be done.

Hope that helps.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login