CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Trying to Edit Grid in 4.3 and No Go (upgraded to 8.1 Windows)

Print topic Send  topic

ab5ni

Posted: 11/02/2013, 10:27 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to edit a grid and change the sorter names and such, but 4,3 won't let me select a sorter at all, and it's keeping the entire grid highlighted. I can't select individual components of the grid for modification. Is this an "upgrade to Windows 8.1" issue. If this is an upgrade issue, just wondering if there is a fix in the works or if its been Patched?

Best Regards,

View profile  Send private message
andrewi

Posted: 11/12/2013, 1:42 PM

Have you tried to select the item in the project explorer tree rather than on the design surface?
saseow

Posted: 11/12/2013, 8:51 PM

I could not get 4.3 or 5.0 working in Win 8.1.
I eventually downgraded back to 8.
I have logged several support queries regarding this and patches for 4.3 and 5.0 and I have never got a reply. I don't think Yes has a support department any more.
ab5ni

Posted: 11/14/2013, 3:16 PM

Quote andrewi:
Have you tried to select the item in the project explorer tree rather than on the design surface?

You the man! That works. I never even thought about doing that. Guess I'm just too accustomed to using the graphical interface.

Anyway, it's a nice work-around until they can patch 4.3. Either that, or I can upgrade to 5.1.1.

BTW, we paid like $700.00 for CCS. Do I have to pay for the upgrade for 5.1.1, or is that free since we paid so much in advance?

Best Regards,

eratech

Posted: 11/15/2013, 12:01 AM

My understanding is that the upgrades for all the 5.x versions are free. Your serial number and activation code will be ok.. It's the main version updates that need payment (4.3 -> 5)

The $700 sounds like the Perpetual pricing so it should be Ok for as long as you keep using it (I'm just upgrading a 4.3 now and it's been happy for years without payments)

Cheers

E
anthonyzz

Posted: 05/15/2014, 8:27 PM

Hope these materials will bring you some insights:

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/csharp_guide/gridview...ties_edit.shtml

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/csharp_guide/gridview_editor.shtml

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login