CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Notes on CCS 5.1xx and Artisteer 4.RC2

Print topic Send  topic

saseow

Posted: 11/01/2013, 12:09 AM

After the Win 8.1 fiasco, I eventually had to reinstall Win 8 and CCS 5.0. Although I would like to use CCS 5.1, the problems I found just did not justify it. Below are some observations:

1) The project I upgraded used an Artisteer 3 design. After upgrading, the buttons did not hold the design but reverted to normal windows buttons. I could also not apply the button shape to links using class="Button". I contacted Artisteer support and was told that ver. 3 designs were just too buggy and I would have to upgrade the design to ver. 4. This I did and the result was worse. The entire header background and text color changed from the design although the buttons were now good but still could not apply the button class to links. So, I redid the design from scratch in Artisteer RC2 and the same thing happened.

2) In CCS, I really miss not seeing the Artisteer design in the design view. The forms look strange when designing with the text boxes squashed up. The header problems still remained.

3) Old problems like not catering for case sensitive Linux still persist. In html the Images folder still starts with capitol L and yet the folder is small L. This is reflected in other things as well like the word 'Spacer'.

Anyway, after all this hassle I just had to revert to Win 8, CCS 5.0 and Artsteer 3. I wonder if anyone else experiences the same problems. I have really enjoyed using both CCS and Artisteer but the latest problems have just put a real damper on things and I am wondering if I am ever going to be able to upgrade anything without running into hassles. Artisteer support still responds in a reasonable time but CCS support has been dead for me lately.

I wonder if anyone else has similar stories to tell?
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login