CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

CCS5.1.1 Problems

Print topic Send  topic

steveni

Posted: 10/31/2013, 1:11 AM

I am having huge problems with the editor changing code:

Where can I set the DOCTYPE for the project - CCS continuously resets it to HTML5 format. I change it (especially older projects) and it changes it back to HTML5. This used to be a project wide setting but seems to have gone.

If I add a background image to a TD and then switch between Design and HTML several times, the html code for the background image is changed - first the " gets changed to ' then each end of the url keeps getting " appended. The background was added through the TD properties form and then CCS keeps altering it.

I am happy for CCS to insert code (it has to) but I wish it would have a setting to leave existing code alone. Maybe a comment that preserves the format of html inside the comment tags?

CCS5 is almost unusable with existing projects unless created by CCS5.1.1 and even then the TD background image problem described earlier shows that it will scramble its own code.
View profile  Send private message
steveni

Posted: 10/31/2013, 4:55 AM

In CCS5.0 (and previous) you could create a new project and set the standard for the pages i.e. (direct from help file) There are four options available for selection:

HTML - Choose this option to create projects that utilize HTML specification standards.
HTML Section 508 compliant - Choose this option to implement web accessibility requirements covered by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
XHTML Transitional - Choose this option for XHTML Transitional compliance.
XHTML Transitional Section 508 compliant - Choose this option to use XHTML Transitional standard with the implementation of Section 508 guidelines.

Now the program defaults to <!DOCTYPE HTML>

Where can we change the standard so it doesn't keep resetting to <!DOCTYPE HTML> ?
mor

Posted: 10/31/2013, 5:04 AM

CCS 5.1 creates pages with HTML5 and Section 508 by default.
Are you really want to use previous standards in your's projects (html4, came in 1999)? For compatibility with IE5.5 and Netscape Navigator? I really wonder. :)

Posted: 10/31/2013, 5:17 AM

I mainly use CCS to add functionality to web designer sites - I integrate database driven forms and pages etc.
The pages have already been developed and I create a new page giving it the same name as an existing page - CCS then imports the html and creates the new page - in this case php.
I am a typical programmer, I don't do design and the people I work with are artists - don't do code. Together we complement each other.
I just edited the project file to change from HTML 5 to just HTML and it now seems to be leaving the tag alone.
My issue is CCS rewriting the code and basically stuffing it up. In the past I have created labels with translations to replace code that CCS wouldn't leave alone - unfortunately this could not be done with the standard tag.
I als0 have a problem with CCS altering its own code for background images on tables. This is another one I'm going to have to try and work around (stylesheet rather than inline I think).
It is ok to say why use older standards when you are developing a new site but that is not what I do and I have hundreds of sites out there designed this way.
What would be nice is a way to add a comment tag as a directive to the code generator to leave the content between the tags alone. That way I could define most of the page as out of bounds except for the CCS part.
steveni

Posted: 10/31/2013, 5:15 PM

The following was sent to support:

I have been experimenting and the rewriting of html only seems to occur when the HEAD contains javascript.

I created a new page and added the TD background – no rewrite.

I incrementally transferred HEAD data, the DOCTYPE, CSS links – no problem.

I added the following:

<script src="js/mobile.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="js/iOS.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="Scripts/swfobject_modified.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And the DOCTYPE was rewritten as was the style on the TD. See below:

Before HEAD changed:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<title>Mareeba Property Office</title>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="CodeCharge Studio 5.1.1.18990">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/menu.css">
<!--[if IE 7]><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="css/ie7.css"><![endif]-->
</head>
<body>
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td> </td>
<td> </td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/main/header_cont/repeater_signifier.jpg)"> </td>
<td> </td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

After HEAD changed:

<!--CCSDOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"-->
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="CodeCharge Studio 5.1.1.18990">
<title>Mareeba Property Office</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/menu.css">
<!--[if IE 7]><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="css/ie7.css"><![endif]-->
<script src="js/mobile.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="js/iOS.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="Scripts/swfobject_modified.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

<body>
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td> </td>
<td> </td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td style='background-image: url("&quot;&quot;images/main/header_cont/repeater_signifier.jpg&quot;&quot;");'> </td>
<td> </td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Can you advise what is wrong and how to stop this happening?

steveni

Posted: 10/31/2013, 10:41 PM

Continuing a history of answering my own posts:

The solution was to remove the javascript links and put them in an include file.
CCS then stopped changing the HTML.
Why?
Who knows - like most problems with CCS you work out how to get around it and move on.
Support tends to do their own thing.....

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login