CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Many Designs in one project

Print topic Send  topic

Gena

Posted: 10/18/2013, 12:25 AM

I have a project in ccs5.0 (php) and need to have 2 different designs applied to different pages - so some pages will use Design1 and some other pages - Design2. Is it possible? How? I am confused... because if I have one default design and it was applied to the page I can't apply another design to this page - there is no such menu... so how???

Posted: 10/18/2013, 2:17 AM

You can apply Designs, using dynamic paths to Master Pages (like: "{CCS_PathToMasterPage}/MasterPage.ccp" ) or select any different Master page with absolute paths. Every page in your's project can use different Master pages. Also on one page you can use multiple master templates (for example for different blocks).
It's easy. Ask me and i will try to explain :)

Posted: 10/18/2013, 2:27 AM

"Design" - it's a set of one or multiple Master Pages with main page structure and multiple master templates for different parts of pages (like virtical\horisontal menus, search blocks, comments blocks, shopping cart, etc...)
Usually I generate one or two designs in Artisteer (as basis) and then add custom templates\changes for my projects. Simple and flexible. :)

Posted: 10/18/2013, 2:59 AM

I think this is the way to go "select any different Master page with absolute paths"

so I can say exactly what Design to use on which page, isn't it?

Posted: 10/18/2013, 3:38 AM

Quote Gena:
I think this is the way to go "select any different Master page with absolute paths"
so I can say exactly what Design to use on which page, isn't it?
Yes. Just select your's page and in "Properties window" for property "Master Page" replace "{CCS_PathToMasterPage}/MasterPage.ccp" with "Designs/BookStore/MasterPage.ccp" or any else :)

Posted: 10/18/2013, 3:39 AM

thanks!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login