CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Events tab missing from properties panel

Print topic Send  topic

steveni

Posted: 10/16/2013, 1:41 AM

Upgraded from the August version of 5.1 to the latest and the events tab is missing.
Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, removing and installing previous version (at least 5 times) but still no events tab. Also can't access queries through the properties panel.
Have seen this before and a cleanout fixed it but not this time.
Has anyone recovered from this?
I have submitted a support request and will post the fix when I find it.

Steve
View profile  Send private message
steveni

Posted: 10/16/2013, 4:45 PM

Further to this:
If I try to generate code for the project some pages now throw an internal error:
Error:Internal error. Error occurred while generating the page.
Error: Error occurred while generating the "login" page (1)
Basically CCS is dead. Won't publish, can't access queries on records / grids etc. Can't access events.
Have removed and reinstalled including removing files and registry entries reported as unable to remove.
Have installed old version.
No go.
Suspect a setting somewhere or a dll or other file that is being called from a system folder and is causing issues.
I sent a screen grab to Yes but have had no acknowledgement that they have received my support request.
Will post if and when I get something.
steveni

Posted: 10/18/2013, 6:14 PM

No contact at all from support.
I guess I also wont upgrade to Windows 8.1 according to the posts on this forum.
steveni

Posted: 10/19/2013, 6:05 AM

Ok.
I ended up upgrading to Windows 8.1.
I know, but after 3 days of trying everything I could there was something screwy with Win 7.
I have a DELL notebook that came with everything installed and I was faced with having to reinstall it all again.
Win 8.1 was a little easier and all the bugs thrown up by CCS 5.1 and CCS 4.3 have been simple to overcome (so far). I am aware of the bugs reported here and that Yes are working on them which is more than what was happening with my previous problem.
Lucky I like to live dangerously 8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login