CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Windows X64 - Connection Problems(especially Oracle)

Print topic Send  topic

yusufakyol

Posted: 10/05/2013, 12:40 PM

Hi,

I've used CCS4 and CCS5 for along time. At my W8/64 bit machine, I tried connecting to Oracle(with ODBC, OLEDB, Connection String) but I couldn't success. I red many document at this forum and also Internet.

Also, I just tried to connect to Oracle with TOAD, I got another connection problem. When I red the TOAD document about this problem, it said problem's source was "Program Files (x86)" directory name, please install the TOAD to outside this folder.

I did this and TOAD worked well.

I did the same thing for CCS4 and CCS5(I uninstalled CCS4 and CCS5 from Program Files(x86) and reinstalled them into c:\app), now everything is very well. I can connect to Oracle with both OLEDB and Connection String.

May be some of the other CCS5 problems come with same reason.

Posted: 10/09/2013, 12:16 AM

CCS 5.1 works fine at W8/64 without any additional settings. Program installed to the default path (Program Files(x86)). I think rare problems linked with protection system of Windows 8 (UAC, DEP, ...) and wrong settings ("paranoic mode"). :)
If you have some problems with connections - you can add CCS 5 to the exceptions list, using special tools from Microsoft:
Microsoft® Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352

Posted: 10/09/2013, 12:23 AM

Hi More ve Ötesi....

Would you please send me your e-mail address? I'd like to contact with you directly. Mine isyusufakyol@gmail.com

Posted: 10/09/2013, 12:55 AM

Hi,

From first release of CCS5, I used it as a installed ProgramFiles(x86), there was no problem, I developed a few project. But when I needed to connect to Oracle, I got connection problem. I tested many things also connected to Oracle from CCS4. I didin't know anything about Ms ACT and I did uninstall and reinstall CCS4 and CCS5 out of Program Files(X86), everything is fine now(except CCS bugs).

Posted: 10/09/2013, 1:02 AM

Hi,

My configuration is Windows 8 (64bit), 8GB memory, XAMPP 1.8.1.

I develop with PHP and Oracle or MySql.

I use CCS4 (4.3), CCS5 (5.1.0.18696)

Posted: 10/09/2013, 8:20 AM

I had run into program path issue with some older versions of the Oracle drivers (don't remember which version) but the bug should be fixed in the latest drivers. I'm still running Win 7 x64 but I'm able to access Oracle from CCS 5.1 with both Oracle 11 and 12 drivers.

Craig
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login