CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Password Encryption...sure I am missing something obvious

Print topic Send  topic

wcboyd

Posted: 09/17/2013, 10:56 AM

Hello All,

I have enabled security in my project.
Method is table.
In the Advanced screen I have enabled password encryption;code expression:
md5({password})

I added a user record thru SQL directly. Using that record I can log in fine and the password was encrypted using md5.

I can log into the application fine. But when I I go to the User Maint page and create a new user it does not encrypt the password when it stores it in the database which in turn won't let me log in.

I have read the manual section about "Implementing Password Encryption".
When I created the User Maint form there was not a checkbox for "Encrypt password value in database"

Did a bit more reading and discovered that I can call the "Encrypt Password" function on the Before Execute Insert event. So I put in the control name for the first parameter (Password Control Name). But I am not sure what to put in for the other two parameters: Shadow Control Name and Value.

So my question is two fold:
1) Am I going about fixing this correctly?
2) If so, what should I put into the Shadow Control Name and Value for the "Encrypt Password" function?

Craig

"Stress is the body's way of saying you have not worked enough unpaid overtime." ~ Scott Adams
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login