CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Artisteer and CCS 5.1

Print topic Send  topic

saseow

Posted: 09/11/2013, 10:02 PM

(Win8 64)
I have managed to convert a large project to 5.1 and got it working OK. One hassle still remains (been there since 5) and that is if I select a field to order by in the query builder, CCS will crash every time. Typing the field name in works fine and selecting a sort by field in the builder works fine so this is not a biggy at all.
I have one remaining hassle and hope someone has a solution:
The buttons designed in Artisteer RC do not appear as they should. This is both for a new CCS project and an upgrade. Even if I use the original design stuff from Artisteer 3 the buttons will not show correctly in a CCS 5.1 project but do in 5.0. I usually change all my links to buttons with class="Button" but in CCS 5.1 these links remain as text links so I am pretty sure that the class is been messed up somewhere. I apologize but I do hope someone else has had this problem and managed to sort it out. I have logged this with Artisteer support but, as you know....????
Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
cvboucher

Posted: 09/12/2013, 9:15 AM

saseow,

I've experienced the same crashing when setting the sort in the query builder. I opened a ticket with Yes about it. Another workaround in the query builder is to click on the Order By button in the Queries section of the toolbar.

Regarding the buttons. I'm using the latest version of CCS 5.1 with Artisteer and my buttons are displaying correctly. This is with the 4.2 RC of Artisteer. Make sure you download any updates to the CCS plugin in the Artisteer Marketplace. Seems like I remember having the same issue until I downloaded the plugin update.

A small tip when using Artisteer with CCS (and maybe you already do this). After I initially import the design into CCS, I set the Export folder in Artisteer to the Designs folder in my CCS project. That way when I make a change to the design, I just Export from Artisteer and publish all from CCS.

I have a question for you. When using the builders in CCS on a page with an Artisteer design, do you get a pop up script error window on just about every setting in the builder wizard? It's complaining about script.js and pops up twice in a row.

Craig
saseow

Posted: 09/12/2013, 9:39 AM

Thanks for the reply cvboucher,

I am going to look at this in detail tomorrow as it is pretty late in SA.
As for the popups....Yep, I get them too. It seems to make little difference if you select close or ok.
I have no idea what that problem is.

As long as there are work-arounds for CCS, I still think it is an incredible RAD system. It just takes some patience to figure it out and the help of forum members. I can certainly forgive them the html/css bugs because the php code is generally rock solid.

With the new versions I have figured out all the strangeness and and can work with it except for the buttons. A direct Artisteer RC export does not do the buttons correctly but if you copy the styles.css to the site folder they work so I think that is all a pointer hassle.

Anyway, thanks again and I will carry on tomorrow.
JessicaRobort

nice

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login