CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

autocomplete and autofill (one solution in 3rd post)

Print topic Send  topic

baraka113

Posted: 09/02/2013, 3:32 PM

Hi all,

I use 5.x, wit php/mysql, and I'd like to implement the autocomplete+autofill functionality as it works on examples.codecharge.com/Ajax page.
Since days with 0 success.
Autofill works perfectly as stand-alone functionality both from textbox and listbox, without setting extra start trigger in builder.
Autocomplete works also without problem for text fields.
But if I set autocomplete then autofill for the same field, the second functionality does not works.
I realized if I type quickly enough the content of the filed closed with pressing tab (with that preventing autocomplete to run), autofill works - but if I do it slowly, and let autocomplete to start, autofill will do nothing.
It is a huge problem now for me - please give some ideas how to solve this.
Br
Baraka
View profile  Send private message
baraka113

Posted: 09/03/2013, 12:12 AM

I realized now a strange thing : these features together are displayed as the new feature "interactive search" in the introduction flash of the version 5.
OK, I'm ready to beleive it works somehow.
(of course ticket sent to official support - but I'm not optimistic about this way, I use CCS since it was CC, the solution of problems was in 99% here in the forum...;o))))
please if anyone has working implementation of autocomplete&autofill for the same field share it - I'm sure others have this problem (I checked the forum of course, the problem comes up several times, but no real solution - or the root of the error - is described)
BR
baraka113

Posted: 09/04/2013, 3:37 AM

if anyone is interested:
after couple of days of trial&test&reading ajax docs I found, that Firefox does not produce this error, so only my actual browser (IE8) blocks on some reason the "change" trigger of the text field after Autocomplete successfully ran; therefore I have to add some other start trigger to Autofill function.
In start events of Autofill (for a texbox field) only "onchange", "onkeypress" and "onload" are available as start events; but it is very simple to select "onchange", than manually change the "controlname.onchange;" text to "controlname.onblur ;" in control features window (for PTAutofill) in "Start event" line.
That's all, it works me now.
JessicaRobort

autofill

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login