CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

5.1 quirks and workarounds

Print topic Send  topic

telmiger

Posted: 08/29/2013, 7:40 PM

I believe there are a few quirks in CCS5.1 that are associated with using Styles.

I had the following problems
- Could not rename components in design view. If I tried the components got removed
- Styles are not displayed correctly in design view No colors just a white page with the grid info.

Solution:
Set Internet Explorer to "Display all websites in Compatibility view" This will solve the 2 issues.

Problem:
I converted my project and all text in my styles were displayed extremely small.

Solution:
Create a new design template without any declarations just add the head and content . If needed read manual "Creating a New Master Template".

Make sure you save the new Design and set it as default.
Then apply the design to your page. The page should still look the same as before and now the styles are displayed correctly. The text is normal size again. This worked for me and I have a table layout with a lot of includable pages.

My MasterPage is also set to Includable and the html looks like this

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="CodeCharge Studio 5.1.0.18535">
<title>masterpage</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../Styles/{CCS_Style}/Style_doctype.css">
{head}
</head>
<body>
{content}
</body>
</html>

View profile  Send private message
acaruson

Posted: 08/30/2013, 1:09 PM

Thank you!

I'm have real issues with "hidden" elements. When I change an element to "hidden" it disappears from the design screen entirely in 5.1. Is this supposed to happen? I like to place certain hidden elements in forms sometimes and use their values for calculations or other things. Not being able to see them in design mode is a pain.
telmiger

Posted: 08/30/2013, 1:25 PM

I just tested the hidden element problem and was able to recreate it.

If you change:
Set Internet Explorer to "Display all websites in Compatibility view"

This will solve your problems too.
I was able to change my text box to hidden and it displayed OK in design view.
mor

Posted: 09/02/2013, 5:08 AM

Quote acaruson:
I'm have real issues with "hidden" elements. When I change an element to "hidden" it disappears from the design screen entirely in 5.1. Is this supposed to happen? I like to place certain hidden elements in forms sometimes and use their values for calculations or other things. Not being able to see them in design mode is a pain.
Problem can be reproduced only on HTML5 pages (with <!DOCTYPE HTML>). It's visual problem in 'Design Mode'.
On the HTML4 pages (from my old projects), 'Hidden' control shown correctly.
I receive patch from Support, that fix this problem. I think it will be included in nearest update.

Posted: 09/03/2013, 3:25 AM

Quote mor:
Quote acaruson:
Problem can be reproduced only on HTML5 pages (with <!DOCTYPE HTML>). It's visual problem in 'Design Mode'.
On the HTML4 pages (from my old projects), 'Hidden' control shown correctly.
I receive patch from Support, that fix this problem. I think it will be included in nearest update.

Anyway to make this patch available?
telmiger

Posted: 09/04/2013, 7:54 AM

Here is the download link to the patch. It worked for me too.

http://support.yessoftware.com/files/ComponentsHiddenControl.zip

telmiger

Posted: 09/17/2013, 6:07 AM

Jquery builder issue:

I was struggling with the Jquery builder for auto complete , auto-fill and dependent listboxes. They did not seem to work, or displayed the wrong or not all the data.

I finally figured out how to make it work.
In the connection settings I had the design connection configured as an ODBC connection. I then created a new project with a direct MYSQL connection in the design tab and the JQuery builder worked fine.

In existing projects / forms that I converted with the design connection as ODBC I had to do the following to make it work:

I deleted the connection.
I recreated the connection as a direct connection.

In the existing forms I had to delete the text/list boxes and recreate them were I wanted to use the jquery builder.
After that I was able to use auto complete, auto-fill and the dependent list box feature.

Word of caution:
I am also struggling that randomly the jquery builder popup window will not display after I hit the builder button. I have to kill the Codecharge process then reopen Codecharge.
Before you hit the builder button you should always save everything!
mor

Posted: 09/18/2013, 2:21 AM

MySQL ODBC driver (version 5.2) works improperly. You can use version 5.1 or Native connection (available only for PHP and Perl pattens).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login