CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Menu Placeholder on Masterpage Artisteer 4.1 & CCS 5

Print topic Send  topic

andash

Posted: 07/29/2013, 8:38 PM

I have created a CCS Template from inside Artisteer (4.1) and imported it in to CodeCharge Studio (5.1 & 5) and the design applies to the basic pages that I have. All good so far.

But what is with the Menu Placeholder ? I have read a few other questions in the forum about this and I am soooooo confused. I thought I read the manual but my brain has thown an exception error somewhere and I just can't find a simple example (simple enough for me anyway) to follow that I can make sense of.

If I go to the MasterPage.CCP in design mode, and the select the Menu PlaceHolder, then from the Ribbon bar I select the MenuBuilder, I then get a warning that this needs to be done in HTML mode.
So I do this - and select {Menu} and add the menu (a Simple one option static horizontal menu) - thats the end of that. When I publish everything the menu isn't there.

I haven't been using CCS for a year or 4 so maybe my brain has gone soggy or something - can someone shine the light on the simple thing that I will be missing?

Is the goal to replace all the Artisteer generated placeholders with includes? This is how I use Artisteer for another application? How does it know that the content panel is that? Are the Artisteer placeholders defined somewhere I haven't found yet?

thanks in advance

Andrew

cvboucher

Posted: 07/30/2013, 11:35 AM

I had posted a similar question in the Artisteer forums and received a response that was helpful.

http://www.artisteer.com/?post_id=210911&p=forum_post&forum_id=15

I don't think you can use the menu control in CodeCharge. For static menus I just enter the html. For database driven menu I was able to use a grid with all of the table tags stripped out and some code to populate the <li> and <ul> tags.

Craig
View profile  Send private message
icp4all

Posted: 07/30/2013, 11:28 PM

first of all dont work on the masterpage.. and dont follow the official example

1. create a normal CCS page
2. apply design
3. place the cursor into the Menu panel
4. build the menu (horizontal type)
5. generate the page
6. on the properties tab change this page includable, then design will be lost, but no problem
7. create a normal CCS page
8. apply design
9. place the cursor into the Menu panel
10. Form/Include page -then include the first page.
(thx to solesz)

this solution works fine with artisteer 3
with artisteer 4 you can get in trouble sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't
View profile  Send private message
andash

Posted: 07/31/2013, 12:44 AM

Brilliant - thats works thanks.
Now that I have wrestled with it and lost more hair that I didn't have I see that the export from Artisteer is "odd". This is what threw me for starters was getting the Design imported in to CCS correctly in the 1st place. If you include the content when you do the Artisteer export as it suggests in the "How To", it actually creates a vmenu.ccp & a hmenu.ccp page which you can use in CCS, but then it creates this weird doubled up folder structure that will throw you.

Right thats one problem sorted - only 9901 to go.

Andy

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login