CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

 PageSize and URL issue

Print topic Send  topic

Author Message
AndyGB4

Posts: 121
Posted: 06/04/2013, 6:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a weird issue with one of my grids.

When the user changes the value of the PageSize listbox (eg: 20 to 10), I get a 404 error.
And for some reason, my grid controls are all displayed in the URL!

Here's an example, where it went from this:
www.websitename.ca/productCatalog.aspx
To this:
www.websitename.ca/productCatalog.aspx?b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcLPageSize=10&customerForm%24ctl00%24priceGroup=  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL1%24ctl00%24s_b2bIcItemCode=&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL1%24ctl00%24s_b2bIcItemNameEN=  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl01%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=CH25X35CL&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl01%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl02%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524BG&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl02%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl03%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524BLK&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl03%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl04%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524BLU&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl04%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl05%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524CL&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl05%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl06%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524RD&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl06%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl07%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12524WH&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl07%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl08%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530BG&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl08%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl09%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530BLK&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl09%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl10%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530BLUSUR&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl10%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl11%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530CL&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl11%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl12%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530RD&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl12%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl13%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12530WH&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl13%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl14%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536BG&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl14%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl15%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536BLK&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl15%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl16%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536BLU&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl16%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl17%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536CL&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl17%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl18%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536RD&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl18%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl19%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12536WH&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl19%24qtyTextBox=0  
&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl20%24b2bIcItemCodeHidden=LHS12548BG&b2bIcSize_b2bIcMat_b2bIcL%24ctl20%24qtyTextBox=0
* Sorry for the long URL, I added line breaks for readability *

To clarify a bit, every row in the grid has a Hidden Textbox (b2bIcItemCodeHidden), and a Textbox (qtyTextBox). In the example above, I switched the grid from viewing 20 records to only viewing 10, and it displayed the original 20 records in the URL (but only with those 2 fields i mentioned earlier). There are labels that get their value from the DB in each row, but they are not being shown in the new URL.

My take on this, as I look through the URL, is that only the fields that are TextBox, Hidden, or ListBox are being sent to the URL. This makes sense, because these are the fields that are "editable", so this is how it remembers if any of the fields were changed before modifying the PageSize field.

So i guess that isn't really a problem anymore. My real problem is that it gives me a 404 error... But the base URL of "www.websitename.ca/productCatalog.aspx?" is correct, so something else in the URL is throwing it off.

Any ideas? I'll continue to add anything I discover to this thread.
Thanks everyone.
View profile  Send private message
AndyGB4

Posts: 121
Posted: 06/04/2013, 6:21 PM

So I tried removing one group (ItemCode & qtyTextBox) at a time from the end of the URL,
and after remove 5 groups (LHS12548BG, LHS12536WH, LHS12536RD, LHS12536CL & LHS12536BLU), the web page works again!

And it doesn't have anything to do with LHS12536BLU in particular, because if I select a different category, removing 5 groups will also work.
View profile  Send private message
cvboucher

Posts: 189
Posted: 06/04/2013, 9:51 PM

I stopped putting the page size listbox in the navigation and only put it in the search form because of this issue. Hopefully you can figure something out.

Craig
View profile  Send private message
AndyGB4

Posts: 121
Posted: 06/05/2013, 1:23 PM

Ya I spent all day testing different scenarios out, I couldn't figure it out, so I removed it from the navigator as well.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   


These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login


Powered by UltraApps Forum created with CodeCharge Studio
Copyright 2003-2004 by UltraApps.com  and YesSoftware, Inc.