CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

AJAX example question

Print topic Send  topic

mariusdr

Posted: 05/30/2013, 4:02 PM

I found an AJAX example here http://examples.codecharge.com/Ajax/DatabaseInteraction.php
and I am trying to implement it, slightly different: the first tab ("view") would do a look-up in a different database (different from the database in the grid), and then the "edit" tab would update the first database (from grid). I have a feeling this isn't possible (it would only work for a single database). Can anybody offer an opinion? Thanks!
View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/31/2013, 3:47 AM

You could do it by setting session variables representing the id's of the records in the first database....

then maybe initiate the database connection for the update by using the change in a CCGetFromGet value in the before show event of a record....

mariusdr

Posted: 05/31/2013, 9:30 PM

I don't think this tabbed view is the way to go for what I'm trying to do ( I'm new to web development and what you're suggesting is way over my head). Now I'm trying this: I have a grid (with search), displaying records from a SQL database. When I click on a name or SSN, I look up that record in a different database (via webservice, it's on a mainframe), this would bring up a record form (or not, if there's no record for that id), which can be edited, and when submitted, it would update both databases. I have figured out the last part, but how to do that lookup (as far as how to combine forms/ events) is still a mystery. I was thinking about executing code when clicking on the SSN (On Click, client side, but I can't get it to work, I don't know how to do that), but now I'm thinking I could just bring up another page when clicking on the SSN link, pass that number on and execute the code (look up) on that new page Before Show... which would mean giving up AJAX. Anyhow, thank you, your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login