CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Beta test - experience

Print topic Send  topic

solesz

Posted: 05/25/2013, 11:43 AM

(I will post it to support too, I just want to let you know what I found so far, If you feel same, please share your experiences here too)

Enviroment: Win8(UAC), AsS, MySQL

1. In Data Dictionary: I defined two event for a field in Record - Before Insert even. These two events are Retrieve Value for Control. In Design mode, using the Record Builder only one event is taken from Data Dictionary
Repeatable bug.

2. In a record from, built by Record Builder hidden fields can not be located, they are not on the screen at all, but visible in the navigator tree. Actually in the HTML code they are placed after the last button. So in design mode you can not click on it, only in the navigation tree. Maybe it is a feature, but I like to place controls where I want.
Repeatable bug/feature

3. Renaming a control (in my case a text area) in a Builder Generated record form causing broken link between the internal storage and the design interface. After renaming, you click on the renamed control, but in the Properties navigator you will see the Record properties instead of the control properties. The message tells, to switch to HTML mode and try to make the renaming by yourself, but at this point the internally stored page structure and the control has lost the link to each other. The exact message is:
"Error:The component was not found in the Design mode.
Please switch to the HTML mode and try to rename it again."
Repeatable bug.
View profile  Send private message
solesz

Posted: 05/25/2013, 12:08 PM

4. Switching between Data Dictionary and a Design page in design view takes 5 seconds. (both pages, and all pages are saved) Switching backwards is done within normal time within a second.
Repeatable problem.

Sometimes CCS went to Not Responding state.

Update: the lag time depend on the database behind the connection. If it has many tables and additionally resides on a remote server then the lag time >5sec. If it a small and local database there is no visible lag time. Therefore I suppose on changing the tab a refreshing database query is run, but probably unneccesarily.
roeya

Posted: 05/29/2013, 5:09 AM

5. Tab & Dialog not working - bugs where opened with support team

Posted: 06/13/2013, 8:22 AM

6. In the case when I have a fairly big project, with sub directories, and multiple pages in those.
I deleted only one page, all other page names are listed in multiple instance, let's say all file names are listed 4 times below each other.
Before:
sub_dir
- filename1
- filename2
- filename3
After deleting filename1
sub_dir
- filename2
- filename2
- filename2
- filename2
- filename3
- filename3
- filename3
- filename3

When I try to delete one instance it is got deleted, but then repeated warning is coming, stating CCS can not find the file...

Close CCS/reopen project solves this issue.
Snoggletog

Posted: 06/13/2013, 2:27 PM

I have the same problem like Solesz. It gets really funky if I edit a page in Dreamweaver and then return. I have one project with 550 pages, and then all these pages are listed up to five times. Often causes CCS to crash which is quite annoying. This problem has been there since Day 1 of CCS5.

I also noticed that every time I reboot my Computer, my Serial Number is gone and I have to activate CCS again.

But all in all a stable and fast experience. Am not unhappy with it.
solesz

Posted: 06/13/2013, 9:32 PM

The activation problem is related to the uac. Start CCS as administrator, then make the activation.
For me it is worked.
solesz

Posted: 06/13/2013, 9:36 PM

It was dupe.
Dreamcatchers

Posted: 06/26/2013, 2:21 PM

I created a new project and the option select the Standard ( html, xhtml, html with 508) is missing.

I also selected internationalization. Pages created with the builder put in the code for translatiing. ie {res:labelname} however if I add a label it does not put in the translation prefix.

Posted: 07/08/2013, 12:19 PM

New bug
In a project, where design is used.
-create a blank page, assign design
-using the project explorer tree, open the page content [+], then right click on the "content", select navigate (you can either use the mouse and double click on the content area)
-cursor is jumped into content
-delete the space in front of the cursor (because I do not need space there)
-click on the ribbon menu, forms submenu, panel button to create a panel
-then content panel disappear, new panel is not visible

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login