CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Custom SQL when inserting/updating record

Print topic Send  topic

manuel

Posted: 04/22/2013, 5:00 PM

This is my table(documents): id, code, amount, doc_type

I need to update the "doc_type" based on the first 4 digits of "code", I'm using php & mysql, but I prefer to do this directly in mysql.

This must occur when a new record is created or updated. I cant modify the DDBB ( Stored Proc. other, Triggers, etc.) So I must do it in the page.

Tried to find the insert & update secuence in CCS php, but the function UpdateRow() and function InsertRow() seems really "cryptic" to me.

May be something like this:

INSERT INTO Documents (id, code, amount, doc_type) values (1, 1020456789, 23.90, CASE LEFT(code,4) when 1010 then "Personal"
when "1020" then "Offical"
when "1030" then "Driver"
END)

Any clue?
View profile  Send private message
Lucius

Posted: 04/23/2013, 10:12 AM

Have you tried CCS help file? Check the topic named: "Execute Custom SQL" It's under Examples & Techniques -> Programming -> Working with databases

If you need to connect this to Insert and Update in the Database use appropriate events for the Record that enables your Insert/Update: After Execute Insert and After Execute Update events.
pjcltd

Posted: 04/23/2013, 2:30 PM

Quote manuel:
This is my table(documents): id, code, amount, doc_type

I need to update the "doc_type" based on the first 4 digits of "code", I'm using php & mysql, but I prefer to do this directly in mysql.

This must occur when a new record is created or updated. I cant modify the DDBB ( Stored Proc. other, Triggers, etc.) So I must do it in the page.

Tried to find the insert & update secuence in CCS php, but the function UpdateRow() and function InsertRow() seems really "cryptic" to me.

May be something like this:

INSERT INTO Documents (id, code, amount, doc_type) values (1, 1020456789, 23.90, CASE LEFT(code,4) when 1010 then "Personal"
when "1020" then "Offical"
when "1030" then "Driver"
END)

Any clue?

Hi
this can be done in code on the page
you need to get the value into a var then you can make the sql code up from that

once you have done it once then you will see how easy it is to do
i do it all the time on php and in .net VB

if you need help let me know drop me a pm with your email address

thanks
Paul

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login