CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

Before Show event executed twice

Print topic Send  topic

AndyGB4

Posted: 04/15/2013, 2:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I have some code that inserts a record into a database, and it is fired up using the Before Show custom code. But the record is being inserted twice.

So I'm thinking that the page itself must be being called twice. Any reason why this could be happening? The previous page is a custom form that the action equals the page in questions. All the details are being sent through the Post method, and it works successfully on the next page.

View profile  Send private message
Lucius

Posted: 04/16/2013, 10:57 AM

Before Show should only be called once, unless it's Before Show Row event.

If you get 2 inserts it's most likely error in your code. Add some debugging variables and output to your code and test when your inserts are launched and why.
AndyGB4

Posted: 04/16/2013, 1:04 PM

Yup, the problem was within my code, I was using executeScalar to get the ID of the last inserted record, but I was unaware that it also executed the query, so I was executing it twice since I also had a executeNonQuery a bit above it.

Problem solved :)

Thanks!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login