CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Opening a few new pages in separate tabs

Print topic Send  topic

saseow

Posted: 04/02/2013, 3:19 AM

I have a recordset that may contain a single or a few records. The fields in each record are used to fill in a form which differs depending on a value of a single field in the record.

I want to be able to loop through the recordset and show the required forms for each record in a new tab.

I somehow think that this is not possible because once you generate the first form on a new tab the focus will be there and the rest of the loop in the original page will not be processed.

Am I right or is there some way to do this?

View profile  Send private message
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 04/02/2013, 5:36 AM

Maybe the single variable is set as session variable and the db query/record processing is done in the before show event of the form as custom code?

and results are set like:

$container->field->SetValue($whatever);

this would work independently of tabs...

saseow

Posted: 04/02/2013, 6:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Michael,

I have decided to do it another way. The basic problem is that PHP cannot specify that the form must be generated in a new tab.
I have decided to put a link in each row of the recordset. This means that the user has to generate each form separately (not too bad since there usually are not more than about 3) and then I can control the recordset for each result.

I was hoping for a single "Generate All Forms" button and control the forms and individual tabs using PHP but I think that is just not on.

Thanks Michael.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login