CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Editable Grid Inserts Multiple Records

Print topic Send  topic

Livinus

Posted: 03/27/2013, 11:56 PM

Hello All,

I have three tables A,B and C. I use a record form to insert records in table A and use editable grid to insert corresponding records into table B in a master-details fashion.I use an SQL stored procedure to copy the records entered into table B to table C by attaching the stored procedure to after insert event of the editable grid. I however noticed that once the number of rows in the editable grid is two or above, the records in B is duplicated in C as follows:

Table B:
Row1: 5
Row 2: 7

Table C:
Row1: 5
Row2: 5:
Row3: 7

My understanding is that the grid does not carry out batch insert but treats the insertion of each row as separate transactions such that two rows represents two transactions and therefore triggers the event twice.

My question then is which of the events of the editable grid occurs when all the rows have been inserted or what work around can one employ to overcome this challenge.

Any help is highly appreciated
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login