CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

auto date update and page/url changes

Print topic Send  topic

justmelat

Posted: 01/28/2013, 9:32 AM

Forgive the newbie questions. I am sure these are in the forum somewhere, I just don't think I am putting the correct combination of search terms together to locate them

1)created a very simple php app from one employee table. I used the app builder, just so I can get familiar with things

in my table I have a modified date field, I want this field updated with each event [CRUD]

something as simple of this:
$dates = date('Y-m-d H:i:s')

How and where do I add this to one of the onclick events.

2)I changed the name of a page from staff_list to "staff_listing" a message popped up asking basically should I apply the change everywhere, I said yes, but my menu url did not change. I checked around in the code, found the references and manually changed, but should I have don't something differently?

Posted: 01/28/2013, 10:27 AM

Hi,

1) This should be always done on the DB side, as some sort of DB trigger. Do not do it client-side, unless for example it's only for a single control (like a single button click, on a single form, should update the modified date).
If you need it for all changes, from all controls, regardless of form, do it DB side.

Why? On DB side you create it once for each table and forget about it. On client side you would need to add code to each and every one of your controls, which is extremely inefficient, not to mention very prone to errors.

2) No idea really. You could try to right click on your page in "Project Explorer" view and choose "Generate Code" - this would regenerate your page, maybe the change would be applied then.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login