CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

30 USD for you if you can explain me where the error is !!!

Print topic Send  topic

Seichobob

Posted: 01/23/2013, 10:48 AM

Hi,

i am not able to work since 2 days on my project because i have an error which seems to be a bug. No one can help me, even support isn't willed to. All i want to know is, if there is an mistake made by me OR a bug in codecharge 5.

If there is someone who is able to help to fix my environemnt i would send 30 USD via paypal. I go crazy and i have to go on working at the project.

Have a look:

http://www.mpmedia.biz/ccs5.jpg

Where is the fu....... mistake ? i tested EVERY mysql odbc connector and also the direct mysql connection (new since ccs5), i testet even 32bit and 64 bit versions. I tested different windows versions, different computers....It MUST be a bug...

If you need further information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
laneoc

Posted: 01/23/2013, 12:32 PM

This happens when a variable (yours is "id") is not listed in the variables at the bottom of the screen.

I can reproduce this error by spelling the variable "id" as "idx", for example. The variable {id} is not found, therefore not replaced by the variable's value, therefore an SQL is formed such as...

"select field1, field2 from bigtable where field1 = {id}"

The SQL processor chokes on the thing with the brackets and shows you the error you see.

All that said, it seems your variable "id" is spelled the same in the SQL statement and the list of variables. Delete the id variable and recreate it. Maybe it has an invisible character?

Hope that helps.

Posted: 01/23/2013, 5:16 PM

I have similar issue all the time, using PostgreSQL DB.

It either gives me an error message somewhat similar to yours, or when I manage to switch to "Review data" tab without the error it shows empty rows in the data table.

For me it works correctly only in simplest queries, preferably without added parameters.

I think this is some CCS Database Designer error, but for me it is minor one - didn't even bother to submit it to support. I rarely use graphical designer, usually write my SQL by hand, or if I really need to "see the tables" it I use 3rd party app.

I would suggest for you to just use phpMyAdmin graphical designer (or some other of your choice) and then copy and paste SQL to CCS.

Lucius

Posted: 01/23/2013, 5:23 PM

Oh and forgot to add... If the problem you encountered is like mine, there is nothing wrong with your SQL. You can safely ignore this error popup and build your page. It should work as long as the SQL works for example in phpMyAdmin query editor and you defined the parameters correctly.

You can safely modify it in CCS on Before Select events, pass different parameters values, etc...
Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 2:08 AM

hi and thanks for your answerd. unfortunatelly it dont help me fix my problems so far.

@laneoc: what do you mean with "not listed" ? you can see BOTH variables (parameters) in the list of parameters. i think the variables WILL BE replaced, the problem is that only the LAST parameter is replaced. i deleted the id variable as you said and recreated it but without access! it dont has invisible characters. ID and PROJEKT_ID are both integer values.

Lucius: Thats very disapointing what you wrote. I used codecharge 4 without any problems. now, with codecharge 5 there are a lot of problems in the query builder.. I think we are talking about a bug in ccs5 because i did the exactly same sql statement in ccs4 which is also installed on my pc. we should not give up! if its really a bug, we should make pressure on yessoftware. the only answer i got from support was:

"The error is caused by wrong SQL syntax and reported by MySQL server.
That issue is not related to our product as well as wrong PHP, HTML code.

For example you have space in table name "projekte_abrechnungen pa" which is not supported by SQL standard.

Best Regards,
Greg"

What for an answer! i dont have space in table names "projekte_abrechnungen pa". "pa" is a alias name for the table.

OK, to be sure we are all talking about the same i will try to reproduce what the problem is:

I THINK CCS5 HAS A BIG BUG IN THE QUERY BUILDER AND I WANT YESSOFTWARE TO FIX THIS!

1. have a look at a very simpe sql statement. the statement uses TWO PARAMETERS.

http://www.mpmedia.biz/1.png

THE LAST parameter is showed by the sql error. the first one not. So: do we have any püroblems with the parameters like greg said? NO

2. have a look, i changed the order of the tweo parameters

http://www.mpmedia.biz/2.png

now the id is found and projekt_id, the first one NOT.
Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 2:09 AM

3. when i use only ONE parameter the query works.

http://www.mpmedia.biz/3.png

RESUMEE: can codecharge in combination with mysql odbc connector 3.51 handle ONLY ONE PARAMETER? or is this a bug?

i tried the exactly same sql statement in a codecharge 4 project. exactly the same computer with ccs4 installed, exactly the same database, exaclty the same mysql odbc driver 3.51:

http://www.mpmedia.biz/4.png

as you can see it works perfectly !!!!!!

i can use 1000 parameters if i want. EVEN @variables in mysql work perfectly!!!
Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 2:09 AM

so what the hell is going on? if this is a bug in ccs5 im wondering why NOBODY here has the same problems. i use simple sql seletc with one or tweo, sometimes three parameters. this is my style of programming. this worked over years in ccs4.

can anyone please test in ccs5 my select? or just a similar select with MORE THAN ONE PARAMETERS? i want to be sure that this problem is also existing for you, not only for me. after that i can talk to greg from support again.

i really need a working sql query builder in codecharge. I LOVED ccs4...everything was fine. im an idiot to use ccs5 now but im working on a huge project since half a year and tehere is no way to go back to ccs4.

please, PLEASE help me out. i would love to pay the 30 USD. i would love to pay even more for somebody who can help me fixing all this. my work has to go on and i cant do anything since 3 days. (while im working on this project in ccs5 its the first time that i need 2 parameters. if i would have seen this problem before, i wouldn't have used ccs5 for my project)

one more question: on the ccs4 screenshot i saw all tables on the left side. where is this table view in ccs5 ???

i hope i can find someone helping me out... thanks

greetings from germany
mirko
Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 2:32 AM

Lucius: i dont want to use a third party tool to do and test my sql selects. i want ccs5 to work as good as ccs4. do i want to much?

im still wondering why nobody has the same questions like me. it is an everyday thing to use parameters in the query builder. why has noone else this problems?
Lucius

Posted: 01/24/2013, 2:57 AM

Hi,

I don't use query builder it's a new feature and I found it being quite buggy and not actually very needed for my work.

In my experience graphical query builders (except maybe some very expensive, commercial ones) do not produce well optimized queries. This is why I use PostgreSQL which has great analytic tools built-in and write and test queries by hand. Recently I had a query which when constructed by builder ran 1500 times slower (couple minutes against less than a second) when properly optimized.

Why not many people care about this particular issue? I guess it's because this bug is not critical, the query will work anyway, so you can ignore the error and see result on the generated webpage.

But I do agree with you that Yes should fix this. And I did the test you asked about and the result is the same - builder doesn't want to work with more than 1 defined param.

When I try to use 2 params:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/10631781.jpg/

When I comment out part of SQL and remove (this is necessarry) the second param it will work:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/48529191.jpg/

When I add second param, even if I don't use it in SQL code it is still evaluated by builder and error shows again:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/65988669.jpg/

Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 3:04 AM

lucius: this is a different behaviour: i can have 100 parameters definded. the select works AS LONG AS I ONLY HAVE one in my sql statement.

you are right: the query works anyway but it takes a long time when i write my query, do not click on "review data" (because it gives me errors), close query builder. publish page and see in my application if it works or not. i want to write EVERY sql statement and i want to click on "review data" and i want to see the data and see if the query works. ccs4 did this perfectly. ccs5 not. i can't work without checking my query and results immediately.

i wrote to the support again and i hope they can reproduce this bug and i also hope they will fix it! im used to the query builder of ccs4 and i want to have a working one in ccs5.

do i want to much?

i forgot: you wrote that query builder is a new feature in ccs5? no... i was also in ccs4 but verx much better. have a look on screenshot 4. you can see the query builder of ccs4.
Lucius

Posted: 01/24/2013, 3:40 AM

I use PostgreSQL as my DB backend so this is possible that I am getting slightly different problem, but i's connected to the same builder features - parameters in queries.

My point is that it's buggy :-/

Query builder is not new feature, you are right. What I meant to say that it's new, as it was redesigned, I wouldn't be surprised that it's written from zero. The same issue I have with Database Explorer - it's nice feature if you think about it, but it's very unstable for me. However again I doubt I would use Database Explorer anyway, so I just ignore it.

The functionality I expect from CCS to work, which I need, is fortunately working, some small quirks but nothing that would really annoy me.

I do get your annoyance, if you need to see immediate query results and can't. For me it's just different, I'm more focused on how well the query is performing, so I need to spend some time on them anyway, so I have the time to check them through another application.

If you can push Yes to fix this I am all for this !

The best way to do this is always to supply their support with sample project - just single DB table (SQL in text file), and project that works (shows the bug). Makes your point more clear for them.
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 01/24/2013, 5:29 AM

Hi there,

My help has been requested by Mirko through e-mail and here I´m to try giving at least an useful answer.

You should be aware than I stopped working with CCS4 on July 2011.

But I have on my laptop all the projects and code which I were working on the period April 2010 - July

From December 2011 - March 2012 I completed a Master on Microsoft .Net Technologies Microsoft

Visual Studio 2010 + Microsoft SQL Sever 2008 R2 Management Studio.

I´m trying to get professional programming experience on this Technologies.

From July 2012 - December 2012 I´ve been recruited by Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. from the United

States by working on several projects by the client Microsoft Corp.

Microsoft Global Crowdsourcing Project

Microsoft Global Crowdsourcing Multimedia Project.

After this little update, here the answer:

I be aware of lots of bugs during my working time under CCS4,so from the beginning of my projects

I focused on the programming side: AJAX,JAVASCRIPT,JQUERY 1.6,PHP 5,PHP,

HTML,DHTML,XHTML 1.0,CSS 2.0,CSS 3.0,MYSQL.

So I tryed to avoid using any CCS4 Tool only when extremly necessary.

A few months ago a new version 5 were launched so you can imagine how many bugs has for you

developers to discover so don´t struggle, can happen, If you follow professional procedures

and errors still hapen, certainly you´ve found a bug.

¿What would I do?

I´d get back to CCS4 and keep developing my project, also would have install on my laptop on a

different folder CCS5 trying to migrate from time to time my project from CCS4 to CCS5 and do

a review of errors, if errors persist keep working on CSS4.

If this is not acceptable make pressure on Codecharge Support, they shall solve the bug.

Thank you very much in advance.

Seichobob

Posted: 01/24/2013, 6:08 AM

so you tjhink my case is a bug?

i still wait for an answer of the support.

right now im very desperate. i'm trying to convert my project (which is about 100 pages of code) to load und publish in ccs4. i dont know if this is a good idea because ccs5 writes different code to ccs4. i will see. if it works, i'll keep working on in css4.

its a pity to see how yessoftware handles with such inquiries. it looks like i found a big bug. but no help so far. im not programming a website, im working on a important crm system.

we'll see whats happening with the support...
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 01/24/2013, 6:37 AM

Yes,I think so.

Neither do I develop websites,

I´m focused on E.R.P - C.R.M - Business Applications - .NET Software Applications.

Let me know what the support told you
laneoc

Posted: 01/24/2013, 10:30 AM

What happens when you echo the SQL statement to your web page? Does it show a proper SQL statement? Or is it one which has only the first variable resolved?

-L

Posted: 01/24/2013, 10:40 AM

how to do this?
laneoc

Posted: 01/24/2013, 3:56 PM

In the BeforeExecuteSelect event of the grid, you can do something like this:

echo "SQL=".$myGridName->DataSource->SQL;

...where myGridName is replaced by your gridname.

-L

Posted: 01/25/2013, 12:49 AM

SQL works! The only problem, and i am really sure now, is the query builder of CCS5. This query builder doens't work as it should. There must be a bug! Still waiting for an answer of CCS support.
viktork

Posted: 01/28/2013, 8:06 AM

I experience exactly the same error.
No luck re-creating or anything. Spend days trying to match different ODBC connectors.

So far no luck.

All works fine when testing with figures instead of {parameter} - all works ok with integers; but not if using more than one {parameters}.

Any news from support?
Seichobob

Posted: 01/28/2013, 8:14 AM

hi,

no, no news so far. what a pity!

i changed back to ccs4, it was a big mistake to start my project with ccs5. i'll keep you all up to date if support answers,...
viktork

Posted: 01/28/2013, 10:11 AM

Likewise.

This is the 2nd biggest bug for CCS5.
The 1st one here
http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=120129

CCS5 can not produce simple navigation/Count for Total for simple query with MAX() and GROUP BY

So, I can highly recommend to stick to CCS4 as CCS5 is more Alpha version
Lucius

Posted: 01/28/2013, 10:35 AM

viktork, I have been using version 5 for almost a year now, without major issues.

There were many issues I have submitted to support over this year, most of them are already fixed by new versions or patches provided by support. Some were not, but they were minor at most and easy to work around.

Have you submitted your issue to support?
viktork

Posted: 01/28/2013, 12:12 PM

I have been using CCS since beta. Even managed to convert some projects from CCS4 to CCS5 - all went smoothly!

But these two (major) issues stay unresolved. Yes, I am waiting for response from support (submitted sample project and sql files) . Now I am stuck with simple issues like not being able to work with more than 1 url parameters as Query builder issues syntax error ( see above)
viktork

Posted: 02/13/2013, 5:39 AM

Any news/progress on that?
Seichobob

Posted: 02/13/2013, 5:52 AM

no! nothing new. no reaction from support!

i went back to ccs4. i have to say that is was a mistake to work with codecharge products, especially ccs5! but i didnt found an alternative...

i dont want to have a reaction from support anymore... im so disappointed...
2advanced

I have been working with CCS5 for a few months I truly like it but with any software there is always bugs I dont use the query builder in CCS5 I use the MySQL workbench to build and run queries
Lucius

Posted: 02/24/2013, 4:52 PM

2advanced, nice one, didn't even know that such nice tool exists for MySQL...

Now I wish similar one was available for PosgreSQL ;-)
DataDoIT
Posted: 02/24/2013, 5:06 PM

Navicat: http://www.navicat.com

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login