CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Dependent Listboxes and Artisteer (Resolved)

Print topic Send  topic

saseow

Posted: 01/11/2013, 10:12 AM

Has anyone got either the CCS or CCT dependent listboxes working when an Artsiteer design is also in place?
View profile  Send private message
saseow

Posted: 01/11/2013, 10:16 PM

Same old problem of user scripts not being updated. Solution is to delete them and regenerate the page.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 01/12/2013, 11:16 PM

I havent been able to get CCT listboxes to work on my ccs 4 or 5 projects.
It seems that is cannot find most listboxes on the page, and of those couple that it can, it does not successfully build them anyway.

Any advice on getting them to work would be appreciated.

saseow

Posted: 01/13/2013, 1:50 AM

Michael, I have given up on the CCT listboxes as they just don't cut it.

In this project I needed three listboxes depended on a fourth master listbox and did it with the standard CCS builder and, other than the user scripts having to be regenerated, they worked just as they should.

The only other drawback is that they default to 100 items but that is easy enough to change.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 01/13/2013, 3:52 AM

Yeah, I got the CCS listboxes working too.

BUT.....they are slow with a large dataset on I.E., so slow in fact that I can't use the app in I.E.

I have a search form visible with dependent listboxes (country/state) when the user logs in, and when they press search it makes visible a panel with a grid and shows the results. When the user clicks a link on that grid it can make visible other panels on that page containing records and grids. Due to app design,I cannot change this sequence at all. The country state DLB runs fine on FF, chrome & safari but like a shot pig on I.E. - it can take 7-8 seconds on I.E. for the listboxes to populate. As said, due to design I cannot change the sequence at all. A little research tells me that even if all my forms were to be visible at once that I.E. cannot render AJAX concurrently anyway, it "builds" a component be that a grid or record, "one at a time" behind the refresh rate. What also happens is that on the first page load after these DLB's populate that 7-8 seconds creeps into the rest of page build and I get a jerky clunky page for 7-8 seconds. Then it settles, unless there is another DLB on the page with a large recordset or a page refresh is done and "woe is I.E." it behaves like a three legged dog again.

saseow

Posted: 01/13/2013, 4:03 AM

Sad state of affairs. I have started quietly telling clients to move to Chrome or Opera but this can not always be done due to corporate policy. Anyway, I am no fan of IE at all.
Saw a documentary on feral pigs in Australia last night so your 'shot pig' brought a smile. I am in SA so we only have warthogs...no feral pigs here.

Anyway, if you ever get CCT DLB working please post a solution.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 01/13/2013, 5:29 AM

Oh well, a smile makes it all worth it :-D

Lucius

Posted: 01/14/2013, 4:55 AM

I have dropped the CCS dependent listboxes in favor to jQuery, much nicer and you have so much more control over what is going on. However the downside of course is time needed to code them.

I do still use the "services" pages that CCS generates, to feed the jQuery objects with JSON data - very handy 8-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login