CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

master/details evaluated in wrong order [SOLVED!!]

Print topic Send  topic

rbroder

Posted: 12/28/2012, 8:06 AM

CCS 5.0.0.16254

I am using 2 editable grids: one holds the master records and one holds the detail records, using a foreign key from the master to link the details. The trouble is that as the page is loaded the code for the details records is firing first. Therefore there is not yet a master key, so no details come up. Then the first master record is evaluated and its key is noted. So going to the next master record brings up the details for the previous master record. Browsing to the next master record continues to show the details for the previous master, because the details are being selected before the new master record index is noted.

I have used this technique many times and it has worked fine, until now. I also notice that in the project explorer the details section is above the master section, although that is not the way it is rendered on the page in design mode or on the actual live page.

Beside scrapping the whole thing and starting again, does anyone have a solution, or heard of this problem?

[UPDATE]

I removed the details grid and recreated it using the editable grid builder, and now it evaluates correctly.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login