CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

Lost Session Variable

Print topic Send  topic

cclooksgood

Posted: 11/27/2012, 3:36 PM

I have created multiple projects using the Inmotion and in every one after about a half hour, I lose session... Also, the application although has lost session does not force the user to sign back in, instead it shows secure pages...

Anybody else have this problem.
View profile  Send private message
cvboucher

Posted: 11/28/2012, 3:15 PM

Yes. The InMotion framework is using Forms Authentication. The default timeout that is put in the web.config is 43200 seconds or 12 hours. The session variable still get populated but go away after 20 minutes (set in IIS). You could change the forms authentication to 1200 seconds to keep them in sync.

My users always complained about the 20 minute timeout so I went away from session variables and only use the forms authentication. I also had to create my own role based security system that lets the users define roles and security privileges in database tables. Now I don't have to update and roll out the app every time there is a change to security.

As a work around, if you have a header include on every page, check to see if the session variables are still populated. If not, use HTTPContext.Current.User.Identity.Name to get the current login and do a database lookup to repopulate the session variables.

HTH,
Craig
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login