CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

CCS 5 Tabbed View Not Working

Print topic Send  topic

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 08/30/2012, 2:16 AM

Ho Hum,

More ccs5 issues...

When I add a tabbed view and populate it with tabbed tabs, and publish, alas, nothing appears on the published web page. That's zilch, diddly squat, a big fat empty cup of coffee !!

And yes MB I HAVE SUBMITTED A SUPPORT REQUEST !!!!!

View profile  Send private message
solesz

Posted: 08/30/2012, 4:33 AM

Can you check the page source in a browser?
Then you can see if the content is there, only the div visibility is wrongly set or you just don't have the important javascript on a right place, the page can not access it.

One of the mistake I made, that I only used the "quick" generation of the page, and sometimes it needed to generate the page fully to let all related code to be uploaded onto the server, ie. javascript libraries.

On other mistake, - disputable wheter it is MY mistake or not - I used an include page not in a same directory where the content page resided, then the reference to javascript files got corrupted.

But you can easily check it, if you open a browser, switch to soruce view, then try to click on javascript references.
(more professional to use a simple javascript debugger - available in Chrome, or Firefox)

Hope it helps a bit at least.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 08/30/2012, 11:11 PM

This is all the HTML concerning the tabbed view and tabs...

<td style="WIDTH: 1000px" valign="top">
<!-- BEGIN Panel tabbedview -->
<!-- BEGIN Panel Assets --><!-- END Panel Assets -->
<!-- BEGIN Panel Invoices --><!-- END Panel Invoices -->
<!-- BEGIN Panel Panel1 --><!-- END Panel Panel1 -->
<!-- BEGIN Panel Users --><!-- END Panel Users -->
<!-- BEGIN Panel Work_Orders --><!-- END Panel Work_Orders --><!-- END Panel tabbedview -->  <!-- END Panel tabbedview --></td>

Nothing more....

Which brings me to another problem, often HTML changes will not save in code view, I have to switch to HTML and save ....

solesz

Posted: 08/31/2012, 4:54 AM

hi,

As far as I see, you checked the HTML view in the code charge. I advised to check it in a browser.

BTW,
Your last sentence wake up my suspect: in HTML view in code charge you are not allowed to make ANY type of changes. Ie. you can not put new panel control by typing it directly, only insert, or you can not rename an already existing panel control. It is advisely to use always right click menus to modify, or the toolbar to insert something.

If you make changes inproper way, then it is not generated in the relevant php files, therefore it will not show up or even worse: cause run-time error.

MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 08/31/2012, 7:30 AM

What I am saying is if I open a file in project explorer, and then make some changes, additions, or whatever in the design view that if these changes are to the HTML only - for example just some text somewhere, that when I try and save in design view the changes are not always being saved. If I leave design view and open HTML view and then click save, the HTML changes are then saved.

RoyBaird

Posted: 09/14/2012, 12:12 PM

Solesz, I believe you are incorrect. I make changes all the time in the HTML tab. If you use the code example from the example pack to add rows in an editable grid, you have to add several lines and controls in HTML.

I NEVER have to save in a certain tab. When I make changes in any of the tabs, I generate adn save from where I am. been using CCS for about 6 years now.

Posted: 09/16/2012, 2:05 AM

Roy, Maybe I miss the point in your comment, but I did not refer any of problem you describing.
The discussion was about Tabbed Tab and Tabbed View, not about tabs in the IDE.

However If you switch onto HTML view (within IDE), and you add special element (which require code charge to modify the ccp file too) only by typing it directly i.e. a panel then you save it probably ends up unwanted behavior. It has to be inserted using IDE commands otherwise it can cause mess within you code.

Anyway,
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 09/16/2012, 2:54 AM

update panels not working either...after adding them as per the ccs instructions...

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login