CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Customer Support Suite -> General Comments

Displaying records and menu to users based on their roles

Print topic Send  topic

OlammieConcept

Posted: 08/08/2012, 6:41 AM

Hello,
I am a software developer and a DBA and i have heard about Code Charge Studio from the version 4 and now i have downloaded the version 5 but before i go on with the order I really want to know if Code Charge Studio can do the do the programing and data access logic I have in the current project at hand. The logics are the following:

a) My Project is an enterprise project that has upto 30 users to logon to the application with different data to be viewed from the same database.

Example is this, there are several branches(location/store) of the company at different place and some users belongs to a specific branch. I want that when they log in to the application, record(s) that they will see are record(s) that belongs to their branch and they cannot view record(s) that belong to another branch.

Can I achieve something like this using CodeChargeStudio 5?

b) Some users will have all access(privilege) to view records of all branches and these users are C.E.O, Accountant and other users that are granted the privileges to view all records.

Can I achieve this using CodeChargeStudio 5?

c) Is it possible I do some programmming logic before inserting records into the database using the generated page of CodeChargeStudio 5?

d) I will need to generate both graphical chart and simple business reports in this application. Can I do this in CodeChargeStudio 5?

e) Can I use C# code to do some other logic in the application? E.g I maay want the application to send a text message to some customers from the application and this will prompt me to call some third party DLL's to do this, can I achieve this using CodeChargeStudio 5?

f) Is it possible I do something like Role(like Membership and Role in ASP.NET) in CodeChargeStudio 5 so that I can determine what a user that falls in a particular role should see/do and what they should not see/do?

g) Can I edit or move CodeChargeStudio 5 project to Visual Studio 2010 for modification?

i) How easy or complex is the deployment of CodeChargeStudio 5 Projects to IIS for final deployment when my application is ready to go live?

j) Can I make visible and invisible some menu of the application base on the logged on user role?

If somebody is willing to help, you can write me to olamiji_akeem@live.com

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 08/08/2012, 5:04 PM

a) Yes.
b) Yes.
c) Yes.
d) Yes.
e) Yes in PHP. I would expect Yes in C#.
f) Yes.
g) I do not know.
h) You skipped h!!
i) I do not know. I use Apache and it's very, very easy.
j) Yes.

Lane

Posted: 08/09/2012, 3:24 AM

Moving to IIS is also no hassle. Exactly the same as with Apache.
View profile  Send private message
OlammieConcept

Posted: 08/09/2012, 7:09 AM

Thank you for your help and your concern especially your time taken to read my questions as long as it was and answer me. I am an addicted Visual Studio C# developer with database skills who is coming to CodeChargeStudio to start using RAD for my applications but I just wanted to be sure I can do complex business logics as I do in Visual Studio in CodeChargeStudio 5.

Thank you once again for your help and I won't hesitate to post more questions here if I have one. b

Posted: 04/02/2013, 7:20 AM

Thank you once again for your help and I won't hesitate to post more questions here if I have one.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login