CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Very slow report

Print topic Send  topic

arthurdent

Posted: 08/03/2012, 1:50 AM

Can someone help us.
We have made pages with CC.
We use Microsoft SQL at database.

At first everything went ok, but now the database table has few hundred lines and it has come very slow.
Opening report page can take 15min.

What can we do that page will open quickly?

Thank You!

AD
View profile  Send private message
jsmonkey

Posted: 08/03/2012, 12:23 PM

I hope this isn't to basic for what you are looking for: I have sped up reports by only picking the fields needed in the report. Instead of just choosing the table (and all of its fields by default), use the visual query builder to select your fields. This reduces the amount of data the report has to chew on before spitting out a report.

Posted: 08/04/2012, 8:00 AM

I had the same issue.
The problem was the aggregating function on database fileds on application side. (in CCS in the report control you find summary fields where you can see the aggregation method. First set it to none, (it will gives bad result - but I think it will show you which aggregation is the more time consuming.)

When I pushed the aggregation onto database side (building into the query) the issue disappeared. I complicatied query you cannot do this easily...

remark1: aggregation: sum, avg etc. on database field
remark2: I assume the application is making the aggregation using every single record, that's why it is so slow when it reaches a given amount of data. Or maybe just the server is wrongly configured or overloaded... I can't say. But the solution is definitely worked.

But take the previous advice too, select those records only into record, which you need.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login