CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Report Pagination

Print topic Send  topic

houselmill

Posted: 06/11/2012, 5:54 PM

I have a report that includes a series of check boxes to be displayed vertically if the value is checked. Each checkbox is in a row with a panel and only displays if the box was checked. The report also includes a series of text entries that can vary substantially in length.

The problem is the pagination and the headers/footers. If I do not do any grouping on the report, the header prints on the first page but does not print on the subsequent pages if there are enough check boxes displaying and/or enough text that needs to print. In addition, the page number stops working correctly. For example, the page number indicates Page 1 even though we are now on page 3.

If I create the report with groupings and use the Client Paging option, the header functions properly and displays on each page. However, I then have no way to number the pages and this is a requirement for the report.

In the scenario without the grouping, I have tried adjusting the section heights every way I can think of and cannot get the document to print properly when there is the variation in the size. In other words, I can adjust it using one height for the Detail section but as soon as the inputted text varies in size, I have the same problem.

In the second scenario with the grouping and the Client Paging, I did an extremely exhaustive search for a away to add page numbers using PHP or javascript and could not come up with anything.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I'm on a Windows box, with PHP 5 and MSSQL 2008. Code Charge 4.3.

Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
mamboBROWN

Posted: 06/27/2012, 6:13 PM

houselmill,

Have you gotten a solution to this issue?
houselmill

Posted: 06/28/2012, 8:06 AM

Mambobrown,

I'm afraid not. I had to go with the grouping option I described. Users have to re-enable page numbers in their browsers. This also means that all other reports that have page numbers are going to be re-designed as I cannot have 2 page numbers printing on those documents.

Here's the response from YesSoftware support:

Quote :
I believe that I understand your needs, but it looks like we cannot provide solution which meet your requirements for several reasons:
- the only possible way to print header on each report page is to use approach like in the emailed project. But it's not a solution in your case;
- when using Client Paging the Page Number is calculated by printer and we cannot affect on it.

If you have another suggestion, please let me know.

Houselmill

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login