CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Linked Server Access - Resolved

Print topic Send  topic

yourguide

Posted: 05/21/2012, 11:32 PM

Does anyone know how to create a CodeCharge database connection to a "linked server" that's in MS SQL Server 2005?
Thanks!

Posted: 05/24/2012, 11:12 AM

can you define an ODBC datasource that connects successfully? CCS should be able to use that.
View profile  Send private message
yourguide

Posted: 06/14/2012, 11:15 PM

Just FYI.... I was able to setup a DSN to an Access Database that had a linked table to the MAS 90 database using the MAS 90 ODBC driver.
The problem then was that it was just too slow for Codecharge to use it... unless I did simple one off queries of specific things. Returning a whole recordset of several thousand records was just too slow to be useful.

So I went with another option.... currently this is what I am doing.

I have schedule task that runs an Access database every 10 minutes.
Using a Macro, the Access database queries the MAS 90 database with MakeTable Query creating Access tables of the MAS data I need to get to.
It then exports that Data directly to the MySQL database where all the rest of my data is.
Since I had to destroy and export the tables each time... I opted to create two sets of tables in MySQL... a "live" one and the one that gets destroyed and created every 10 minutes...
Then I just send a command to MySQL to update the records of the "Live" table with the data from the temporary table.

Now I can develop my Application using only one Data Source (MySQL)... which is so much easier and faster.

I hope this post helps someone one day. :)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login