CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Problem with Informix ODBC connection!

Print topic Send  topic

rankomil

Posted: 05/10/2012, 2:37 AM

I am a new user CodeCharge studio 5 - Trial version.I used the IBM-Informix Client SDK 3.5 Does create an ODBC connection to my Demo database (ODBC connection name ODBC_Demo).In CodeCharge Project Explorer I create a connection using the ODBC_Demo DNS.Why in Database Explorer Panel can not show a list of tables in a Demo database and a list of attribute tables in a Demo database? :-X
View profile  Send private message
clahti2

Posted: 05/24/2012, 10:56 AM

I think this must be related to the driver select you made in project settings, make sure you select ODBC from the list. Also when you defined the DSN did you verify you could connect to the datasource outside of CCS?
rankomil

Posted: 05/28/2012, 5:04 AM

Quote clahti2:
I think this must be related to the driver select you made in project settings, make sure you select ODBC from the list. Also when you defined the DSN did you verify you could connect to the datasource outside of CCS?

The first thing I did in the IBM Informix Client-SDK 3.50 -> Setnet32 to set my environment variable. Then in the Control Panel option in the Date Services (ODBC) when creating a new ODBC connection in the DNS system, I chose IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER. I configured all the other parameters and then I tested the ODBC connection and the message I got was - Test connection was successful. In CCS, when I create a new connection I enter all the required elements. Then when I go to the Data Dictionary and select the created connection in Database Explorer displays the database name, but do not show up table in the database. WHY?
clahti2

Posted: 06/04/2012, 12:14 PM

Quote rankomil:
Quote clahti2:

The first thing I did in the IBM Informix Client-SDK 3.50 -> Setnet32 to set my environment variable. Then in the Control Panel option in the Date Services (ODBC) when creating a new ODBC connection in the DNS system, I chose IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER. I configured all the other parameters and then I tested the ODBC connection and the message I got was - Test connection was successful. In CCS, when I create a new connection I enter all the required elements. Then when I go to the Data Dictionary and select the created connection in Database Explorer displays the database name, but do not show up table in the database. WHY?

Be sure you are using the 32bit ODBC driver layer, even when on a 64bit development box. CCS only uses 32bit as far as I know.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login