CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

URL showing in Update panel

Print topic Send  topic

ommadawn

Posted: 05/04/2012, 6:02 AM

Using CCS 5, I put an update panel in then added a search and record inside it using the builder. The problem is the URL appears at the top of the update panel when you search etc. But I can't figure out where it is coming from.

Has anyone else had this problem?
View profile  Send private message
clahti2

Posted: 05/24/2012, 10:51 AM

I am not clear what you mean here, the URL is appearing exactly where? What is the nature of the problem?
ommadawn

Posted: 05/24/2012, 2:34 PM

Just inside the top left of the update panel. Have you tried to recreate under CCS5?
Lucius

Posted: 05/25/2012, 1:18 AM

I am using update panels with builders all the time. However I do it in different sequence:

1. Create page with all components, make it work, test, etc.
2. When all is done switch to HTML view, select all elements that should be in Update Panel and then place it.

I do this in such order because I can test better (for instance I see the GET parameters). Also Update Panel still has lot of issues:
- cannot use 3rd party elements like sliders, floatboxes, etc when under Update Panel
- dependent listboxes do not work correctly under Update Panel
- if you place a Record on a page with for example numeric Up/Down attached to one of inputs, place it under Update Panel and then Hide/Show the whole record dynamically (depending on some parameters) when Record is hidden a permanent JS error appears and breaks other JS on the page

So Update Panel is always last thing I add, so I know that if something breaks it is because of it :)
I never had seen any URL appearing out of nowhere. I suggest you create support ticket for this and send some example to Yes.
MichaelMcDonald

Posted: 05/25/2012, 3:32 AM

Update panels have unique properties. For example if you specify a re-direct pageto a button inside a form in an update panel, the redirect page will actually be opening in the update panel, not its own html page. Another thing you can't run in an update panel is a file upload. Best bet, find out what update panels can and cannot be used for and don't place search forms in update panels where the button has a page re-direct attached.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login