CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Dependent Listboxes - grab their values

Print topic Send  topic

tumby1974

Posted: 02/14/2012, 12:14 PM

I'm trying to use the AJAX 2 dependent listbox example within a record form (instead of a search form) so you can save the listbox selections into the record's table.

however, it's only pulling the id numbers (since the dependent listboxes use the IDs in the bound column to link the listboxes/tables) so my record is only putting numbers (the IDs) into the table instead of the text.

if I make the bound columns the text fields then the listboxes can't link (be dependent on each other)

??
View profile  Send private message
jsmonkey

Posted: 02/24/2012, 1:39 PM

I am working with the AJAX Dep.List Box example now... There are 2 places that have a Bound Column (AJAX feature builder and the ListBoxes Properties) I am sure that you can change the PROPERTIES bound column to your Text field, and have that write to the Text to the DB field you choos (make sure DataType= Text) but definitly leave the bound column in the AJAX feature builder set to the ID.

Let me know what happens for you,

Posted: 11/26/2012, 1:20 PM

I tried that, but the listboxes didn't like that. the listbox B needs to have it's bound column the same as the dependent column to A, in order for them to link.

I was trying to get the displayed text in the listboxes via javascript, but haven't had any luck. There has to be a way to grab the displayed text.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login