CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Form error if row errors

Print topic Send  topic

JayEdgar

Posted: 02/02/2012, 11:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm working with an editable grid that's a few screens high. I display errors on rows if there are any. However, I also want to display an error at the top of the form if there are any in the rows. However, it appears as though the forms onvalidate happens before the rows'.

If there are errors in 3 rows, at the top I want to see "Please fix 3 errors below."

Can anyone give me a suggestion for doing this?

Thanks!

Jay
View profile  Send private message
JayEdgar

Posted: 02/02/2012, 11:34 AM

The best I've found is to do the same validation in the OnValidate and OnValidateRow, and that's pretty annoying. It seems like there should be a good way to globally check for row errors and display an overall error...
mamboBROWN

Posted: 02/10/2012, 6:28 AM

JayEdgar,

Have you asked support for any suggestions ( http://support.yessoftware.com/ )? They have made good suggestions to me before.

As far as me having any suggestions, I'll have the think on this a little bit more.
JayEdgar

Posted: 02/10/2012, 6:37 AM

I have ended up writing the code for the row-level errors, then simply copying it to the form validation and removing the "row" from the object. There may be a better way, and this works well enough for now.

And asking support would be a good idea. I'll do that. Thanks!

Jay

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login