CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Event Type

Print topic Send  topic

PCHome

Posted: 12/28/2011, 4:35 PM

On an upload form in CCS v3.2, I am using a custom PHP FTP function to change the folder permissions to 777 for the upload, then back to 755 after the uploading is done. The code to change it to 777 is in a BeforeProcessFile event on the DocUpload element while the code for changing it back is in an AfterProcessFile event, also on DocUpload. I don't want the permissions changed until the submit button has been pressed but when I go to the form before doing anything, it gives a CCS_TempInsufficientPermissions error which, of course, is true.

So, my primary questions are, how do I suppress the CCS_TempInsufficientPermissions error message and what type of events will do what I need if not those I chose? The BeforeProcessFile event is clearly not the one to use because the permissions do not change when the form is submitted.

Also, each user account has its own temp folder that is called out on-the-fly in an event but CCS seems to require that the Temporary Folder and File Folder fields be populated and that the Allowed and Disallowed File Mask fields be populated even though these are also all being done on-the-fly. Any workaround?

Thanks.

Don
View profile  Send private message
PCHome

Posted: 12/29/2011, 8:08 PM

Can anyone help with this? It's a huge security hole as it is now. If I put the write permissions code in a BeforeShow event for the page, it sets the permissions to 777 upon loading the page and there are no errors, and it changes back to 755 once the user submits the form. However, if they do not submit the form, it leaves the permissions at 777. Please help!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login