CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

CCDlookup validation code looks at first line only

Print topic Send  topic

JimbobGilb

Posted: 11/17/2011, 1:23 AM

Hi There,

The code below works fine but only validates against the 1st record in the PendingPicking table where the TransactionGroup are the same, but this could relate to numerous lines for picking and I want to see if a partnumber exists in any of the records where the TransactionGroup match.

If CCDLookup("PartNumber", "PendingPicking", "TransactionGroup="& DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.TransactionGroup.value,ccsFloat), DBConnection1) <> PickedItems.PartNumber.value Then
PickedItems.Errors.addError("Part number not shipped.")

end if

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I have missed that would be great.

Thanks
View profile  Send private message
andrewi

Posted: 11/17/2011, 1:56 PM

Which event have you put this code in? Have you put it in BeforeShowRow? (assuming this is a grid or editable grid component)

Can you describe the contents of table PendingPicking. Would you expect it to return only one PartNumber per TransactionGroup? If you might have a set of PArtNumbers in a specified TransactionGroup then remember that CCDLookup will only return one of those numbers.

I don't fully understand the intention of the table, but something like the following might be more plausible (very rough code - assuming PartNumber is numeric):

If CCDLookup("PartNumber", "PendingPicking", "TransactionGroup="& DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.TransactionGroup.value,ccsFloat)  
 & " AND PartNumber = " & PickedItems.PartNumber.value, DBConnection1) <> NULL Then  

i.e. you are searching PendingPicking table for both the TransactionGroup AND the PartNumber in question.
JimbobGilb

Posted: 11/17/2011, 11:59 PM

HI,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am inserting this to an onvalidate event. The Idea is that the PendingPicking table is populated when the office staff make a shipment which can have numerous different PartNumbers on one TransactionGroup (or Despatch Note Number). Then the PickedItems table is populated when Despatch department scans the items he has picked into the PickedItems record form and then the onvalidate checks what he has picked against the PendingPicking table against the TransactionGroup and if it is an incorrect part number for example it throws up the Error "Incorrect Item Picked"

PartNumber is a Text incase this needs changing.

Hopefully this is possible unless I am expecting to much from the OnValidate event.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts,

andrewi

Posted: 11/18/2011, 2:00 PM

Thanks for explaining.

Your basic problem is that "CCDLookup("PartNumber", "PendingPicking", "TransactionGroup="...) " will only return one record whenever it is called. So, for example, if your TransactionGroup is No 100, this will always return the first part number in group 100, regardless of how many partnumbers are in that group. So you're only ever going to check against this one part number, which I think is what you say you're experiencing.

So you need to put more conditions in to narrow it down: If there is not a record in the PendingPicking table with THIS part number AND THIS transaction groupID, then raise the error. (I put this the wrong way round in my suggestion above).

If CCDLookup("PartNumber", "PendingPicking", "TransactionGroup="& DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.TransactionGroup.value,ccsFloat)    
 & " AND PartNumber = " & DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.PartNumber.value, DBConnection1, ccsText), DBConnection1)   = "" Then  ...  (add error)  

Again I may not be helping by offering untried code. It may be that CCDLookup will return a null if the part number/TransactionGroup combination doesn't exist, in which case the conditional expression would have to be "...) IS NULL Then..." or maybe "...) = NULL Then... ".

This sounds quite appropriate for the OnValidate event. Unless you are using an editable grid, in which case ues OnValidateRow event.

JimbobGilb

Posted: 11/24/2011, 1:29 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestionsabove, i really appreciate it, but I am struggling to get this working for some reason. Each block works on its own if I break it down but for some reason when I add the second clause the & "AND ......... doesn't work.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

James

TheunisP

Posted: 11/24/2011, 2:32 PM

isnt the idea to use a COUNT(*) - then you can just check if it returns a 0 - meaning it is not found anything else means that the combo already exists?
andrewi

Posted: 11/25/2011, 8:49 AM

TheunisP has the right answer: use

If CCDLookup("Count(*)", "PendingPicking", "TransactionGroup="& DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.TransactionGroup.value,ccsFloat)      
 & " AND PartNumber = " & DBConnection1.ToSQL(PickedItems.PartNumber.value, DBConnection1, ccsText), DBConnection1)   <>  0 Then  

So, if the count is anything other than zero, raise the error.

If you're still having trouble, can you try executing the SQL directly against the database - SELECT Count(*) FROM PendingPicking WHERE .... and build up the where clause here using test values to produce an expected result.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login