CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Creating Help Icons on a form

Print topic Send  topic

rblynes

Posted: 11/07/2011, 5:22 PM

I'm not an expert user, and most of what I've learn was through self taught and/or the online tutorials/example websites that were provide by CodeCharge Studio .

I have an online form that I would like to provide "help" icons on certain fields. Next to some input fields, I would like to place a small question mark icon and when the user clicks on it, I would like it to pop-up a small dynamic window that displays some help text.

The help text will be stored in the database (MS Access). I have already created a table called "help" and there are 3 columns within this table (ID, [which is the PK], Title, & Description). Somehow I need to embed the ID within the help icon that will reference the ID/Text in the DB. I would like to control the text in the DB, so in the future I can easily update it if need-be rather than changing a hard-coded webpage. The same webpage will be used for each help icon, the only thing that will change is the ID/Description that is called to the DB.

Is this possible? I would think it is? Can anyone point me in the right direction for this or provide some simple steps on completing this? Is there already an example project out there that I can work off of for this?

Keep in mind, different help icons will be used on a single form and the icon(s) are embedded within the form (not outside).

I am using ASP 3.0 with Templates as the Code language & MS Access as the DB & I'm on CCS 4.3.00.7676

Thanks in advance.

Robert
View profile  Send private message
TheunisP

Posted: 11/07/2011, 6:19 PM

ok what about this:

<style>
.simTooltip{
color: #000000;
outline: none;
cursor: help;
text-decoration: none;
position: relative;

}
.simTooltip span{
margin-left: -999em;
position: absolute;
text-decoration: none;
}
.simTooltip:hover span{
position: absolute;
left: 1em;
top: 0em;
z-index: 99;
margin-left: 0;
xwidth: 270px;
text-align: left;
border: 1px solid #eeeeee;
background-color: #fffffff;
}
</style>

with the above styles this should work as is:
<a href="#" class="simTooltip">?<span>text for tool tip</span></a>

now to create a dynamic tooltip we'll use a lable and its default value & a ccdlookup:

create a lable, set its content to HTML and its default value you enter something like this

"<a href=""#"" class=""simTooltip"">?<span>"&CCDLookUp(TheToolTipField,YourtableName,"PK="&1,youDBConnection)&"</span></a>"

you can then just copy the lable to where you want it each time, change the PK where value to the relevant and each lable is a self contained popup

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login