CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Using a forum created outside of CodeCharge

Print topic Send  topic

netsys

Posted: 09/22/2011, 7:59 AM

I would like to use a more full-featured forum than the CodeCharge example without a ton of customization. I've found a free ASP-based forum called Snitz Forum that seems good, but I'd like to either integrate CodeCharge security with it, or somehow control access to it using CodeCharge.

I've seen other people mention a wrapper or iframe container for content. Would I be best off controlling access to it through a page I generate in CodeCharge, which contains the forum front page?

I'd really love to just integrate the security, so that people's user names and passwords are the same for both things - my site and the forum.

Any ideas?
View profile  Send private message
TheunisP

Posted: 09/22/2011, 2:35 PM

I contemplated replying - and I couldn't stop myself - the Snitz Snootz Snuffed forum was written years ago - so NO you can't integrate with CCS - a wrapper in frames, iframes, divs won't help - if you really want to use the Snooze forum, you can always use a server level access control ;-)

ps. the example in CCS is a great way to start - just try ...
netsys

Posted: 09/23/2011, 8:16 AM

I'm looking at the example in CodeCharge now. Has anyone created a more full-featured forum using CodeCharge that I could look at? I'm thinking this is the way to go, but would like to see what anyone else has done.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login