CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

The FCKeditor bar (feature) is lost when changes to the page occur. [RESOLVED]

Print topic Send  topic

capodi

Posted: 04/27/2011, 9:08 AM

The FCKeditor bar (feature) is lost when changes to the page occur.

I have a page with a number of fields, some of which are found in one of the 5 tab views.

For each tab view, there is one FCKeditor field defined as a text box with a Basic bar.

When ever I make changes to either of the two pages (both are simular in content and format), the FCKeditor bar is lost and the text displays with the HTML coding embeded.

To get the FCKeditor text box back, I have to delete the old FCKeditor text box and add it back.

Now, I have five of these FCKeditor boxes, one in each tab view. I need only to rebuild the first FCKeditor box and not the remaining four to get all five to function properly.

I have two installs of CCS, one on my laptop and another on my desktop, both running XP with the latest service packs and updates.

Please advise as to why the FCKeditor has this issue and if there is a better way to restore the FCKeditor feature - other than deleting and readding.

Posted: 05/18/2011, 5:01 AM

I did find that if I make any changes to the screen, the FCKEditor text box will not present the FCKEditor featur/function when published.

The work-around I just discoverd is to make sure to change the name of the first instance of the text box rather that removing and re-adding the text box.

I need only do this for the first text box in a series of text boxes using the FCKEditor feature to bring the feature/function back to all of the text boxes when I publish my changes/

Still, I am hoping that my ticket I submitted get addressed and/or someone on the forum can provide a more plausable solution and/or explanation as to why this is happening.

Posted: 05/18/2011, 11:29 AM

Have you tried nicEdit?

I like it better than FCK or CK as it is now called.

Posted: 05/19/2011, 12:19 PM

No, I have not.

I do see its a product that you have suggested in a few of the threads on this board.

In as mush as I appriciate your recommendation, I really need to find resolve to this issue.

I am going to resubmit my ticket, as I have not gotten any feedback from the technical support folks - hopefully this time around I will.

Posted: 05/20/2011, 12:34 AM

Sorry, just trying to help ;-)

Posted: 05/23/2011, 10:44 AM

And I appriciat it... I did look into the product and found that it did not translate the HTML tags.

In any event - here is what I have discovered to date...

I continued to research tis issue and found that the reference to FCKEditor does not always change when publishing from environment to environment.

//Include User Scripts @1-7F47A303
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="/fckeditor/fckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I have a number of environments from DEV to PRD with a mixture of Access db and SQL 2k8 db.

If I cave the page - the link does not change to reflect the new environment I am publishing to.

It is only after that I actually publish the page that the reference changes.

The update to the reference does not always happen...

When CCS crashes - and it does that alot after a dozen or so cunt and pastes (another issue) - I am thinking that this where the updates to the link stop - but i can't be sure...

Posted: 05/23/2011, 10:45 AM

I see that the area that is usually updated by CCS is no longer gray.

I discover this by looking at other pages.

When it is gray, CCS updates the link for FCKEditor when I publish the page (not save)

How to I restore this area back to gray?

There are no differences in the actual source for this section - except it is not gray.

Please advise...
Posted: 05/23/2011, 10:54 AM

I've reported this to support many moons ago. No fix to date. I just
remember what the gray area should look like and restore it back when
necessary.

There is a patch that allows the editor to use the {page:pathToRoot}
reference. That may solve your problem. Ask support for it.
capodi

Posted: 05/23/2011, 12:41 PM

Wow! Worked like a champ! I can't thank you enough!

I added the "(page:pathToRoot}", not being sure if I had the patch to use it.

//Include User Scripts @1-B04D3470
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="{page:pathToRoot}fckeditor/fckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I published to my different environments and the FCKEditor's text boxes are all working as exprcted.

Now, if the CCS app decides to rewrite the line (as it used to do) - I am guessing all bets are off...

So, in a strange sence, I guess I am hoping that the issue that suddendly started causing this line not to be re-written DOES NOT fix itself... :-)

Thanks Again!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login