CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

User Controls

Print topic Send  topic

DavidB

Posted: 04/22/2011, 6:57 PM

HI all,

just after some advice here. I am a long time user of code charge in classic ASP. Recently I decided to switch all development to .Net, primarily because you can't find codecharge developers anywhere and .Net developers are thick on the ground.

Firstly I a question on User Controls. I have read this post about user controls http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=57088 which makes sense, though I am yet to try. At the moment I have around 100 pages of mixed grids and records that are classic ASP based.

Our .Net development is all based around specific pages for each piece of functionality.

I was thinking I could quickly turn my 100 admin pages consisting of grids and records into user controls, I can use them in the new .Net visual studio development with each current code charge page as a user control. This will allow me to continue to maintain in Code Charge (which I still believe is the fastest way to write software) and have my Visual Studio development for one part and Code Charge for the admin tools.

Is this a reasonable approach or are there some gotchas I am likely to trip over?

Secondly, does anyone know anything about what is happening at Yes Software? Are they just sitting on annual renewals or are they actually bringing out a new version at some point?

I know a long time criticism of them has been the lack of good developer documentation and training materials. Perhaps it has all gotten too hard? I feel the development world is moving past them in the .Net arena and although code charge is the fastest way to develop, I think .Net is treated as the poor second cousin. Am I missing something or do other readers of the .Net forums feel the same way? Looking at the activity in the 2 code charge .net forums (20 posts in 5 months) perhaps no one is reading these items anyway. :-)

Thanks

David
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login