CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Search and Select Records Based On a Derived Field

Print topic Send  topic

capodi

Posted: 04/11/2011, 11:49 AM

I am attempting to search and select records into a list based on the contents (in-part) of a derived field.

The drived part seems to be working fine, based on what is being displayed in the list...
IIf(Prjct_Trckng_PreRD_Aprvd_On<>0,'Y','N') Alias e_PreRD

The Search section has the field s_PreRD, a list box with Yes(Y) and No(N) options.

I then added WHERE expression e_PreRD=s_PreRD

This is where things fall apart. When I select to view the data in the Visual Query Builder, I receive the follow error.
"No value given for one or more required parameters"

When I publish the page and navigate to the list, I receive the following error in the list section.
"Error: No value given for one or more required parameters. (Microsoft JET Database Engine)"

I know that I can create a query over the table and add my derived field and all works well.

I am hoping to avoid this as I need to incorporate this approach throughout my application and would like to avoid creating queries for each table.

Any help would be very much appriciated.

Warm Regards,
Ronald Capodagli

Posted: 05/03/2011, 7:18 AM

Hi

Just skimming some of the posts and saw you hadn't had a reply to this.

If you still need it, how about simply setting s_PreRD to 0 or 1 (I assume Yes's are derived from 1's) and interrogating on the basis of :

WHERE Prjct_Trckng_PreRD_Aprvd_On=s_PreRD

If you still need to derive Y or N you can do this with an additional filed or in the Before Show event as necessary.

Hope this helps, I spent a long time suffering with MS Access and that was partly what drove me to use SQL as standard - never looked back!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login