CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Calendar - highlighting selected date

Print topic Send  topic

AndyGB4

Posted: 03/28/2011, 9:01 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a page with a calendar that allows the user to create an appointment, with a list next to the calendar allowing them to select a specific time slot. This all works fine.

My problem is that although the date selected is written above the list, i feel as though the user might be confused as to which date they've selected because "today's date" is always highlighted in the calendar, and the actual selected date displays like any other date in the calendar.

So what I'd like to do is either add a border or change the background-color for the selected date, to give the user a better idea of which date was selected. The date selected is also sent to the URL as "s_date".

How would I go about this? I think I just need a step in the right direction to get me going.

Thanks in advance!

View profile  Send private message
Waspman

Posted: 03/28/2011, 11:34 AM

Sounds like javascript or you could do it in a modal window and cover up the calendar whilst they fill in the appointment details?

Posted: 03/28/2011, 11:40 AM

I think javascript might just be the way to go.

I'll give it a shot and get back to you soon!

Thanks!
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login