CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

How to document page security

Print topic Send  topic

rbroder

Posted: 03/24/2011, 6:52 PM

Is there a way to output the security groups that have access permissions to a page? Ideally I would like to go through each page in the project and have that information without having to look at the tiny input screen that only shows a few lines. I have 17 security groups and counting.

I also keep a development copy and a production copy of each project, and I need to easily check if they are in sync.

rod
View profile  Send private message
kirchaj

Posted: 11/06/2013, 11:05 AM

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if there was anything new that would help with knowing what security levels are on each page and form. I hate going to each page to figure out what I did before. Lazy, I know.

TK
View profile  Send private message
eratech

Posted: 11/06/2013, 7:39 PM

I don't think there is a common area that has the security levels, it seems to be built into the page itself.

Bit of a guess, but you could look into the code for a page with security, then do a search on all the terms and compare that to your list of expected levels.

eg: In my PHP project, in the php file there is a
CCSecurityRedirect("3;4;5","");
which allows groups 3,4 & 5 access.

You could search all the files for that and perhaps extract the groups to access. Not trivial but quicker than clicking on each.

Cheers

E

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login