CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Remote Conncection to SQL Server

Print topic Send  topic

Dreamcatchers

Posted: 03/07/2011, 5:03 PM

I use SQL Server database in CCS. The design connection string points to the remote database and my server connection string uses the same settings as design, This has worked great until the hosting cmpany instituted "Whitelisting" for remote database connection. I have to give them my IP on my desktop and then it works.

Problem is my desktop used dynamic IPs so I have to do this repeatedly, and many of the host company support staff don't know how to reset this for me.

SO....
I want to put a copy of the database on my local machine for development. Never did this and was wondering what is invovled. I beleive I should load Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Edition (MSDE).

Before I jump into this are there any issues or other circucmstances I should be aware of?

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login