CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Basic AJAX form submit control please?

Print topic Send  topic

csierra

Posted: 11/12/2010, 9:34 AM

I am new to AJAX; canīt control forms behavior; I would like to have a clear & easy example for, letīs say, how to run a login form wiothout refreshing the page. Any ideas are appreciated

Carlos

Posted: 11/15/2010, 6:17 PM

do a normal login - make sure it works - then go the HTML and highlight the entire login form/record from the start <!- Begin to the <!- End - go to Toolbox > Forms and click Update Panel - your login form should now be in a panel

it works pretty normal from there if it fails it will reload the login form into that panel and if it logs in Ok it will load the next page as you selected Return page for the login form.

View profile  Send private message
csierra

Posted: 11/19/2010, 5:02 PM

Thanks, Iīve done that and does not work; when providing a wrong user/pword turns back those warnings; I can see a red label right upper corner while it works, then those warnings are ok (usual, expected behavior) however, when providing correct uid/pwd that label stills ther forever and page does not redirect; I am wondering if i have to setup something else; everything is as the wisard bilds it; childrenastriggers=true...

Thanks for your help; Would be valuable if documentation and examples in ASP where available for this.

Posted: 11/19/2010, 6:57 PM

Quote TheunisP:
it works pretty normal from there if it fails it will reload the login form into that panel and if it logs in Ok it will load the next page as you selected Return page for the login form.

Thanks Thenius, but it does not load the page (return page) when login info is ok; instead the loading... red label freezes along with the page; no redirect. What can I do?

Already tryed playing with childrenastriggers; onclick, yes/no, onsubmit works but this is what we want entirely to avoid....

Thanks

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login