CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Wordpress Plugins

Print topic Send  topic

TriLogic

Posted: 10/11/2010, 10:24 AM

I'm an original CodeCharge owner who never upgraded. I found that embedded CodeCharge forms and grids into an existing application was a little painful. Sometimes you just nee to create embeddable components and NOT entire applications.

For example: I find Wordpress to be an extremely quick way to get some customers online - yet occasionally they still need custom forms and grids.

It would a good idea to be able to generate a CodeCharge Studio application in the form of a Wordpress plugin. You could generate Admin plugins, Widget plugins, or Shortcode plugins.

This would open high speed development with CodeCharge to many more php programmers.

Sometimes generating the entire application is too much.
View profile  Send private message
datadoit
Posted: 10/11/2010, 10:58 AM

Download and install the php-exec plugin, then you can call any CCS
generated page you want from within a WordPress post.
TriLogic

Posted: 10/11/2010, 3:27 PM

Quote datadoit:
Download and install the php-exec plugin, then you can call any CCS
generated page you want from within a WordPress post.

True, but I want a much tighter integration than that. Thanks!
monu

Posted: 11/11/2010, 4:20 AM

Hi TriLogic,

Did you find a way to use CodeCharge Studio to create a WordPress plugin? If not, this is something I would be willing to try to help do.

Thanks,

Monu
magus

Posted: 12/25/2011, 1:14 PM

Greetings,

Did anyone ever figure this out? Did Monu and TriLogic get together?

I've started using WordPress a lot more, not cause I like it, but because it is quick and gives customers tremendous value.

I would love a way to use CodeCharge to integrate with WordPress.

I recently created using CodeCharge a search site for WordPress plugins http://searchwordpressplugins.com and now I'm asked about implementing the search functionality within WordPress as a plugin that anyone can install.

Guess I'll have to learn to write WordPress plugins. :(

Don
TriLogic

Posted: 12/28/2011, 7:51 AM

I never went into the Wordpress option in any great detail.

I have since written a few plugins for Wordpress that involve database access. I rewrote my ASP based template engine in PHP and hooked that up to the Wordpress API and made a plugin named "Kazoo" so you can access the Wordpress API without PHP knowledge using only the Wordpress content editor. I also wrote a Content Slider/Fader/Ticker plugin named "Kazoo" using a jQuery library named bxSlider. I wrote several other non-related items for black hat SEO tricks.

Back to CC, CCS and Wordpress:

Wordpress layers the raw MySQL database with an object layer of it's own that CodeCharge would not / cannot respect.

The ancient CC version that I have knows nothing of MySQL databases.

Presumeably one could setup an ODBC connection to your database and attack the problem from that angle but that destroys the "embedded" nature of the application you are wanting to write. It wouldn't really be a wordpress plugin without talking to the database natively.

I have not researched recent version of Code Charge Studio with regards to connectivity. I would think MySQL is an available option.

One of the areas where CCS is lacking IMO is that it is targeted strictly to building entire applications. It isn't really designed to work within the confines of another app that controls security, database, and the rest of the higher order functions of an application. In short, it was never designed to build application from a component based approach and I build every application this way.

CCS does grids and forms supremely well but I don't want to write my entire application within it's rather confined architecture.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login