CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Add DB Column

Print topic Send  topic

Rocket

Posted: 09/11/2010, 12:49 PM

Still new at this, but I've gone through all the Examples & Techniques, Demos and Help file and can't get this one.

I created a form using a Grid Builder, all is well. However, I forgot to add a column and now I need to add it. I've already edited the form so that it has all the attributes and formatting that I want.

I've clicked in the form and added a Column. It adds one. When I try to add a Table Column (field from my Table) using the properties page, I can't change the Data Source (need to use a column, but I only have SQL as a choice). When looking at the proeprties for an adjacent column, I can see the properties for it and change it etc. But I can't do anything with the new column, by that I mean add a Table Column etc.

i think the step that I am missing is telling CCS4 what to put in the column. i've gone over the GUI choices and just don's see where to tell it to add a Table Field.

How does one do this?

If I've missed this in the docs somewhere, I appologize.

rocket...

Edit: Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using the 20 Trial from the Web site, but I don't think this is my problem. I thinks it's "User stuff"...
View profile  Send private message
andrewi

Posted: 09/12/2010, 3:05 PM

Rocket,

You've added a column to the table - which is the first step.

The second step is adding a label to display the field from your table.

Put the cursor in your new column (in the Data Row - the row between the 'Begin Row' and 'End Row' markers - see illustrationn in onlin help: http://docs.codecharge.com/studio40/html/UserGuide/Forms/GridForm.html?toc ).

Click the 'forms' tab of the toolbox, and click on the Label button [A].

Now, when you select the label - which will have a name like Label1 and a light gray outline - you'll be able to set the table column, etc.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login