CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

Preloader

Print topic Send  topic

sjgrodriguez

Posted: 08/24/2010, 11:29 AM

Hi all.

I have grids with thousands of rows and columns, so it takes sometimes more than 10 seconds to get the results.

It would be great to have a preloader in modal window with text and image moving so people don´t desperate waiting for the results.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Sergio
View profile  Send private message
lboeldt

Posted: 08/26/2010, 12:56 PM

How about using an update panel?

Add an update panel to your page, cut and paste your search form and results grid inside the panel. Publish the page and viola an AJAX based page with "loading...". Search this forum for suggestions on how to change the "Loading..." to whatever markup you desire.

LB
sjgrodriguez

Posted: 08/27/2010, 3:54 AM

Quote lboeldt:
How about using an update panel?

Add an update panel to your page, cut and paste your search form and results grid inside the panel. Publish the page and viola an AJAX based page with "loading...". Search this forum for suggestions on how to change the "Loading..." to whatever markup you desire.

LB

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have tried and it works. Not exactly what i was looking for. Is it possible to replace the text with an image? I have tried but it doesn´t work.

Thanks in advance

Sergio
lboeldt

Posted: 08/30/2010, 11:35 AM

Hey Sergio,

To change the HTML that renders when loading open your CCS project, go to the files tab under /js/pt/ and open ajaxpanel.js. Find the line that contains the Loading... string (line 208 in my version of the file). Change the innerHTML string to whatever you want to show while the panel is waiting.

LB

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login