CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> PHP

Autocomplete & Autofill -- The missing piece

Print topic Send  topic

THX1138

Posted: 08/19/2010, 10:10 AM

Hi All,
I have been coding and recoding the autocomplete/autofill example as per the tutorial
and cannot get the autofill part to autofill itself.
The autocomplete does its thing just fine, but i am missing something in the final piece
of the autofill, probably the trigger

I have tried using the event.Onfocus, event.OnKeyUp as per the example, and i have tried
the event.OnChange as listed in the features properties lister for that one control, but neither of those options do anything

Does anyone have a (WORKING) (UNDERSTANDABLE) example other than the ajax example pack ? I notice from the forum that this seems to be an ongoing problem, in fact the last time i looked at it, i gave up...

Thanks in advance,
thx1138
View profile  Send private message
CodeChargeMVP

Posted: 10/11/2010, 10:14 AM

As far as i know,

I think I did work autocomplete and autofill with the CSS 2 example pack.

andy

Posted: 10/11/2010, 1:44 PM

Try making your trigger field a drop down list. It should then by default autofill your specified target fields onchange(). I don't think you need to specify the onchange trigger, but have a go. Works fine...
Good luck. 8-)

RAD tools for rich UI controls:
http://www.koolphptools.com
clayhmn

Posted: 03/09/2012, 6:57 AM

I'm adding this in case any one else Google's the problem and comes across this thread. I could get autocomplete to work and I could get autofil to work using the OnChange in a dropdown. I just needed one text field to update some other text fields so all the parts of the example about showing the picture and hiding and showing the update button were clouding what I needed to do. I ended up just adding an autocomplete and an autofill to the textbox control as in the example. The only thin I changed was I made the trigger for the autofill the "LostFocus" event of the text field.

NewRecordMyNameField.LostFocus;

So when I tab out of the autocompleted field the autofill kicks in perfectly. Works great and you only need to two features to a regular record box.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login